Collapse
No announcement yet.

JCC Jr vs Froch in danger.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why boxing is full of liars and hypocrites. People will literally **** on Chavez Jr for not wanting to sign his entire career over to Top Rank and other promoters, who at any given time have shown the public the will ones to shelf the fighter, low ball the fighter, and in some cases out right Rob the fighter for the interest of their promotional company. Just because a promoter puts on a event to showcase fighters under contract, doesn't make the fighter indentured servants.

contract expire, Arum need to do right by Chavez in making the fight, and renegotiate a new contract later if he feels he's that valuable.

Comment

Looks like we might get the Froch-Kessler decider then.

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
        Froch wants a big ppv fight in Vegas. Only person that will give him that is Chavez, he'd most likely retire if not, unless Hearn can convince him to fight DeGale.
        Froch just wants to fight in Vegas, I don't think he cares if it's PPV. It's his promoter who's pushing the PPV angle.

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Ramirez/JCC Jr
        Why would Jr. take that fight after turning down Froch and Golovkin?

Originally posted by MrWestGrand View Post
        This is why boxing is full of liars and hypocrites. People will literally **** on Chavez Jr for not wanting to sign his entire career over to Top Rank and other promoters, who at any given time have shown the public the will ones to shelf the fighter, low ball the fighter, and in some cases out right Rob the fighter for the interest of their promotional company. Just because a promoter puts on a event to showcase fighters under contract, doesn't make the fighter indentured servants.

contract expire, Arum need to do right by Chavez in making the fight, and renegotiate a new contract later if he feels he's that valuable.
        Have you seen what he's been offered? He's not being low-balled, far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
          Came in to say somehow similar. I don't know if I'm missing something here but Chavez was getting 12 million guaranteed for two fights if he lost to Golovking and 17 million guaranteed if he won. He's only headlined one PPV card in his career and would be getting more guaranteed money than anyone in the sport, excluding the obvious two. How is Chavez not being labeled a duck?
          Chavez doesn't want to sell his soul to Arum to get that money. Apparently, you and others see nothing wrong with him selling his soul as long as YOU get what you want.

I am glad JCC is taking a stand. He can make that same amount of money, if not more, fighting those same guys as a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            Chavez doesn't want to sell his soul to Arum to get that money. Apparently, you and others see nothing wrong with him selling his soul as long as YOU get what you want.

I am glad JCC is taking a stand. He can make that same amount of money, if not more, fighting those same guys as a free agent.
            Do not overreact...
            Jr doesn't seem to eager to fight soon. Jr doesn't like boxing that much -- his father pushed him into it.

Comment

Its a good amount of money but Jr for some reason doesnt want to sign it. Whether it be that he thinks hes worth more or thinks he can get more without Arum is his decision. Arum job is to get him fights and he should do that without forcing an extension upon him. I understand both situations but ultimately its up to Jr to re-sign or not.

Comment

Froch v GGG please!

Comment

Two fights is selling your soul? Getting at least 12 million for those two fights doesn't sound that bad. Stop overreacting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Ramirez/JCC Jr
                    He'll be a ****ing idiot and a damn duck if he turned down major paydays vs GGG/Froch to face Ramirez...

Comment

So who is going to promote his fights?

Cotto is a free agent, but he still needs Top Rank and/or GBP.

A 2-fight extension isn't selling his soul, it's actually probably the best business he can do.

Comment

Working...
                      X