No announcement yet.

HBO Using Froch Quote to Hype Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO Using Froch Quote to Hype Golovkin

Just seen the HBO version of Golovkin-Geale where they pulled out a quote from Carl Froch saying he'd "swerve" GGG. Here it is at 9.45

It was clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment. Anyone who knows anything about Carl Froch would realise that. Is this another case of Yanks getting KO'd by Irony again or something?

HBO are worse than the fanboys on here. They can't use actual wins to hype Golovkin because he has none worth mentioning so they have to twist quotes and invent perceived ducks.

Hearn used to mention that fight all the time until Groves almost rendered Froch senseless in their first fight. Probably won't risk it now given he's signed Degale, which is a shame because Froch-Golovkin is a proper matchup.

Comment

Truly pathetic on HBO's part. It is absolutely shameless how they hype guys. Joe Louis comparisons? How about comparing him to the man who is own trainer said he is in large part modeled after, Chavez Sr? HBO acts like their a radio network, we can see for ourselves.

Comment

Froch is ducking ggg and Hopkins

Hopkins is ducking ward

Ward is ducking kovalev

Kovalev is ****ing duva

Duva is screwing over haymon

Haymon is screwing over Oscar

Oscar is screwing trannies with haymon
        Last edited by jas; 07-27-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

thanks for the post man, i just saw the HBO broadcast and was wondering if that quote was actually true, didn't know where they got it from. gonna watch it now.

Comment

Didn't seem very tongue in cheek to me. Froch had openly ducked a rematch with Ward so it doesn't come as a surprise that he wants no piece of Golovkin. And this is precisely the reason that GGG has no wins worth mentioning. Froch isn't the only top guy avoiding him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stokes View Post
              Hearn used to mention that fight all the time until Groves almost rendered Froch senseless in their first fight. Probably won't risk it now given he's signed Degale, which is a shame because Froch-Golovkin is a proper matchup.
              He still does mention it. So does Froch. They aren't scared of Golovkin who is an easier style for Froch than Groves

Comment

HBO don't like Froch. They always criticise him whenever I have listened to their commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by cake_cake_cake View Post
                  Didn't seem very tongue in cheek to me. Froch had openly ducked a rematch with Ward so it doesn't come as a surprise that he wants no piece of Golovkin. And this is precisely the reason that GGG has no wins worth mentioning. Froch isn't the only top guy avoiding him.
                  American by any chance?

Comment

I want to see Froch/Golovkin soooooo badly.

Comment

Working...
                    X