Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather an exciting boxer to watch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
    it is right. We are talking about excitement, not opponent caliber. In his younger days Ali literally was on his bike every fight, more on his bike than Floyd ever is, so in effect they are saying he is boring.

Floyd is not a boring fighter. He has had some boring fights, but he's had a heap of good ones too.
    That is completely ******ed so you are saying that opponent caliber doesn't affect the level of excitement for a fight? Let's be real here even if i think Floyd Dominates Canelo from the moment the bell would have rang to the final bell it would have been way more exciting than seeing a Guerrero blowout coming for 3 months then it happens that is not exciting at all even if it's the pre fight hype that a higher "Caliber" fighter brings it does add.

And bringing up Ali just compounds that! you don't remember as Ali as the best ever because he just dominated every single person ever because he fought people he knew he could dominate do you? People remember him as the GOAT because his toughest tests like Frazier and Foreman.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
      That is completely ******ed so you are saying that opponent caliber doesn't affect the level of excitement for a fight? Let's be real here even if i think Floyd Dominates Canelo from the moment the bell would have rang to the final bell it would have been way more exciting than seeing a Guerrero blowout coming for 3 months then it happens that is not exciting at all even if it's the pre fight hype that a higher "Caliber" fighter brings it does add.

And bringing up Ali just compounds that! you don't remember as Ali as the best ever because he just dominated every single person ever because he fought people he knew he could dominate do you? People remember him as the GOAT because his toughest tests like Frazier and Foreman.

Say Floyd beats Canelo in a Baldomir fashion, would that be a more exciting fight than his fight with Chop Chop?

No it wouldn't be.

Also, who could Floyd have fought that was real competition cept MP at 147 after the Cotto fight, which he tried to make, and KT at 140?

Floyd's competition has been good. World class actually, he just dominates them, and the haters just want to see him lose so they can then say "i told you so" and discredit his entire career.

Comment

• He's extremely talented,he is incredible at what he does,he wins fights with hardly a graze on him

Similar to Wlad? Use the tools you have,no point in getting hit if you don't have too

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Wrong, he very much tried to stop Guerrero, said it after the fight but give credit to Guerrero for being a tough dude.

I agree on the $70 price tag. I didn't buy it for that very reason, that's way to high a price tag.
          Maybe in the first few rounds he tried but he damaged his hand in the middle of the fight so who knows maybe he would of stopped him..all I know is he made robby look like an amateur..

To answer the TS..floyd is a good boxer to watch..if you appreciate boxing you will appreciate his skilles,footwork,speed etc..I know you like the klit brothers so do I but most people find them boring especially wladimir but for some he's entertaining.

Comment

• we can not deny floyd skills but he is boring to watch, he should beat fighters up and put a lot of hurt like the way he did gatti to considered him exciting fighter but he tends to just be satisfied with scoring points...

Comment

• Boring? Did everyone just miss out on his 130-135 days?

Comment

• Excitement is more to do with the competitiveness of a fight, when one guy is willin' to walk through fire to win. Floyd to me hasn't been in an exciting fight since Hatton, but that's not even a knock on Floyd. I think Floyd is the most entertaining fighter to watch right now, that I can say, and whether you love him or hate him the PPV numbers show that people love to watch him. I have a neighbor who doesn't like his attitude, continuously roots against him but afterwards is left saying "Man, that mother fucker is smart!".

Comment

• Not at all. I think its cool to watch the way he defends and slips punches, but the fact he doesnt go in for the kill bores me.

Ill say the same thing about mayweather that i do about wladimir, "he, as a fihter has the right to put safety first, but i as a fan have the right to call his fight style boring"

I dont understand why folks get so up and pissed at mayweather tho. I think hes boring as all hell so i dont watch his fights. No point in ****talking the man

Comment

• In my opinion Floyd's fights are exciting just because it's him fighting. He has created such an aura around himself, such a focus around his undefeated status and mythical skills, that as long as he is fighting any reasonably accomplished fighter it will be seen as an exciting fight.

With guys like Mosley, Ortiz, and Guerrero, there was always a chance that these fighters would overcome Floyd with power, aggression and activity. None of those fighters were favorites but they didn't have to be. Any one of them could have been quick enough, strong enough, active enough or even just determined enough to put Floyd off his game plan and win the fight.

I'm not talking about "wanting to see Floyd lose," but rather: if Floyd was going to lose to one of those fighters, would you really like to say that you weren't watching the fight when it happened? What if Mosley had knocked Mayweather out in the second round? What if Ortiz had maintained his focus and stayed in the fight to wear down Floyd? What if Guerrero's technique and aggression had been just effective enough to catch a slipping Floyd?

Mayweather has made the stakes of his fights ridiculously high. He is the highest-paid athlete in sports history, certainly the highest-paid today. That makes every one of his fights worth watching, because as long as he continues to fight accomplished fighters, there will always be a chance that one of those guys shows up with the right ingredients and pulls off the upset.

To me that will always make his fights exciting. Even leaving his considerable skill set aside, as a boxing fan I will always want to be there to see him fight, if for no other reason than I would hate to miss the moment where he finally meets his match in the ring.

Comment

• Simply put, no he's not. Especially not with a combined price tag of $80 or whatever the price for his garbage ppv's are.

Exciting-

GGG
                      Mares
                      Matthysse
                      Pacquiao
                      Rosado
                      Canelo
                      Provodnikov
                      Rios
                      Kirkland
                      Marquez
                      Angulo
                      Wladimir
                      Vitali
                      Froch
                      Gamboa
                      Leo Santa Cruz

Boring-

Andre Bored
                      Boreweather
                      Borehard Clinchkins
                      Chad Boreson
                      Devon Headbuttander
                      Andre Borrell
                      Jessie Boregas
                      Lara
                      Last edited by thuggery; 05-26-2013, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X