If you were my coach.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    Lamon Brewster is wrong.

Ok, you fight. I would tend to agree that not knowing what to do in the ring fighting would make it tough, but it still doesn't equal 90% mental. Boxing is an intense physically and mentally challenging sport.

Just curious, how many bouts have you had? ..........Rockin'
    Yes, as always, Rockin' is right and the world heavyweight champion is wrong. Have you ever thought Rockin' that Brewster is right in his (and probably most other contender/top level fighters) case, while in your case he's obviously wrong.

I mean, he had to fight 12 rounds against the best in the world, where being in shape was just a given with the training, while the longest you ever went was 4 rounds against guys where being in great shape was probably the exception rather the rule. Clearly he's a stupid prick that doesn't know jack and should have taken up golfing instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaminokamen View Post
      Hey, so I'm getting into working out, and I've always admired the Boxer's physique. I've dabbled in working out previously, lost 40 lbs and want something different because I've plateaued. So, if you were my coach, what would you have me do to exercise 5 days a week on a Boxers workout? Main muscle groups I should be focusing on, specific exercises and the like. I am beginner and over 300lbs, GO! Thanks in advance!
      At 300lbs, working out is only half the problem, you need a DIET!!. I would have to hitting the heavy bag, shadow boxing with a WEIGHTED VEST, and doing some running to burn off that fat.

How tall are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Yes, as always, Rockin' is right and the world heavyweight champion is wrong. Have you ever thought Rockin' that Brewster is right in his (and probably most other contender/top level fighters) case, while in your case he's obviously wrong.

I mean, he had to fight 12 rounds against the best in the world, where being in shape was just a given with the training, while the longest you ever went was 4 rounds against guys where being in great shape was probably the exception rather the rule. Clearly he's a stupid prick that doesn't know jack and should have taken up golfing instead.

So Benny wants to jump in my **** because I said that Lamon Brewster was wrong, well he was and is.

You know far too little about me to give an educated opinion of what I learned, therefore I can only call your overly aggressive attack of my skill level an ignorant one. Please enlighten me with your wealth of time spent warring in a ring.

Back to subject......... You go ahead and train physically only 10% of what you should have trained for a fight and see how well that 90% mental bull**** plays out for you through the fight.

By your comment I would assume you've had NO time in the ring. None, nada, finito, zilch, lol.............Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 09-22-2012, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I didn't catch your name on any of the posts. I spent 21 years in the military, I am now a government employee, and I work with several people during lunch everyday. Most of them are out of shape, some are in pretty good shape but still have much weight they want to lose. I could go into a book on this subject, but if you want me to include you, I sent the routine to the people who attend my workouts every week. I will be glad to add your email to my distro. You can contact me at jim@jikar.com

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaminokamen View Post
            Okay, so, everybody has said I'm not ready. I understand, ya know, it's so intense, so that's why, I get it. But what about going to a gym and taking a boxing fitness or kickboxing fitness class? I took a kickboxing fitness by me and it was super intense, but I've planned on doing it again, when my money was right. Which is now. There's no sparring, just heavy bag exercises, walking, push ups, sit ups, and more heavy bag drills. It sounds like I would benefit from it. But if you guys think that not even this will be good. I will accept it.

Again I appreciate you guys! +Rep for everyone.
            I'm telling you just start doing it. Do it as much as you can. Sit ups, push ups, walking/running, doing bag work, jumping rope etc are all things you gotta do at some level. Just keep truckin' and watch your intake on what you eat. It's never too late to box brother.

Comment

Unbelievable

Wow, can't believe how many people are just out right telling this guy he is not ready. He is not asking for a training regimen that is going to get him ready to climb in the ring in 6 weeks.

Dude, just do it. You will never get there unless you just put in the work. Yes it is hard work, even for those of us who do it now. If it is not you are not making improvements.

I would just jump in there and go for it. Hell the first time I did a Muay Thai class I didn't make it all the way through, but that is why they tell you do what you can do, then push a little more. If you keep that attitude you will get there.

Comment

Working...
              X