Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing. One day you're on top of the world the next you're...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing. One day you're on top of the world the next you're...

After Lucas' win yesterday and the absence of these incurable diseased "haters". I just wanted to make a thread about how things don't always go to plan in boxing. After Danny Garcia best Matthysse, I had him on my P4P list and expected his stock to only rise but instead, he's won 2 controversial decisions and beat a 135lber ranked 77 in a lower division and he's stock has only gone down. Is it because he's become too comfortable with his status as lineal champ? Whereas Matthysse who was labelled a bum and exposed has been on te comeback trail, almost legally murdered Molina, KO's his next opponent Ortiz who was crap but ranked in top 5 in WBC and also beat Ruslan more comprehensively than anyone else. ( boxnation commentators here in the Uk had it 116-112 like me, however I heard HBO's judging and commenting was pretty bad?). Now Matthysse is in line for a title shot and Danny has a hard decision to make, kill himself to stay at 140 or fight the killers at '47.

P.S Provodnikov may be limited but he is far from easy to beat, especially if you can't handle the pressure or lack power, he would be ridiculously hard to beat if we still had 15 rounders. If you haven't yet, PAY UP!

Why do you think this role reversal between them has occured, and what other instances can you remember the loser of a bout progressing better than the winner?

Ruslan won my respect, I thought he was done for but he has some serious power.

Lucas is a machine the real top dog at 140, him and herrera should have a fight to see whos the real champ at 140 once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
      Ruslan won my respect, I thought he was done for but he has some serious power.

Lucas is a machine the real top dog at 140, him and herrera should have a fight to see whos the real champ at 140 once and for all.
      We can find out who Danny Garcia's dad really is lmao

Comment

I thought for sure that Garcia would be in the running for Mayweather (or Pac) after the bout with Matthysse, but he's regressed and it's becoming clear why he hasn't stepped up to the plate. Meanwhile, Matts is inviting the challenge.

Comment

im thinking matthysse postol happens next

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            im thinking matthysse postol happens next
            It should, and Postol has talked about the match-up too. That should happen in September, and then maybe the winner could face Crawford in a unification bout.

Comment

Matthysse vs Herrera or Postol but for the full title. La máquina deserves it...

Comment

Working...
              X