No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley is broke? Living in his ex-wife's basement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Mosley is broke? Living in his ex-wife's basement

http:// www. b o xinginsider .com/columns/shane-mosley-ex-wifes-basement-say-isnt/

Remove spaces in link, can't post the full link
    Last edited by Malik Kaya; 01-28-2015, 09:36 AM.

Get that man a boxing broadcasting job, he was always a pretty good talker and he is very well known. I would at least like to see him get a shot at that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Get that man a boxing broadcasting job, he was always a pretty good talker and he is very well known. I would at least like to see him get a shot at that.
      Thought the same first but Shane doesn't sound very articulate and seems shy at times with a mic in his face, I doubt he would be any good as a broadcaster

Comment

I understand she got a great divorce settlement but he couldn't survive off his half? You have to think he mis-managed his own money.

Edit: read the link, it seems he blew the money, if that's the case then sorry but I have no sympathy for him
        Last edited by Weebler I; 01-28-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
          Thought the same first but Shane doesn't sound very articulate and seems shy at times with a mic in his face, I doubt he would be any good as a broadcaster
          He would need practice because he is kind of soft spoken, he might not be good but I would like to see what he can do.

Comment

surprising she's letting him stay there with how acrimonious things have been. And he recently trashed her on his instagram. Shane was no match for Jin. Just a stepping stone - he's dumb as a stump.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              I understand she got a great divorce settlement but he couldn't survive off his half? You have to think he mis-managed his own money.

Edit: read the link, it seems he blew the money, if that's the case then sorry but I have no sympathy for him
              That would be fair enough if it was only a few guys here and there this stuff happens to. But it's not, it happens to most of them. There's systemic problem there. Athletes don't get the support and education they need in order to have some control over their money. They don't have a clue. And then when they're used up and out of the game, no one gives a shit about them once they go broke.

It's even worse in boxing as many of the guys are physical wrecks after they leave the sport as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                That would be fair enough if it was only a few guys here and there this stuff happens to. But it's not, it happens to most of them. There's systemic problem there. Athletes don't get the support and education they need in order to have some control over their money. They don't have a clue. And then when they're used up and out of the game, no one gives a shit about them once they go broke.

It's even worse in boxing as many of the guys are physical wrecks after they leave the sport as well.
                Half of them wouldn't listen anyway. You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink, most of these athletes who come into money just want to "ball out".

I also have limited sympathy for Mosley owing to his Balco past, some of his financial gain was ill-gotten.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 01-28-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

wow that sucks... hopefully things will get better for him.

Comment

Women destroyed this man.

Comment

Working...
                    X