Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living in Canada vs Australia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Living in Canada vs Australia?

Now im not gonna discuss the theory "If you beat a legend you become a legend" Sorry to disappoint all the Aussies.

So im Canadian and I was curious if any of you have lived in Canada besides the National Parks for Holiday Work. Im talking about actual metropolitan cities.

So the question is major differences whether econ/social of each country in your opinion (pros and cons)? City for City would be nicer if its not too private to mention your location. Which one do you prefer?

Im not looking to move permanently just feel like living "Down Under" for few years and experience life.

New Zealand posters welcome too if you know about Auckland/Wellington?
    Last edited by Box-Office; 02-18-2014, 08:38 PM.

If somebody has personal info on this query it may be the most interesting thread in a while. I think Id like to live in Australia. They seem like the most down to earth uk'ers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post

If somebody has personal info on this query it may be the most interesting thread in a while. I think Id like to live in Australia. They seem like the most down to earth uk'ers.
      Well there is always such a big hype on Australia here in Canada.

The weather especially and how theyre cities are all settled near coast so youre never far from beach.

Not just Canadians and British people but even Americans move there alot i heard especially Melbourne

Comment

Australia is nice, I live in New Zealand and i go over once or twice a year.

I guess the main advantages for you would be the weather, brisbane, melbourne, sydney are all good, i'd probably pick Brisbane, i mean you got the whitsunday islands north and the gold coast south, both are epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Australia is nice, I live in New Zealand and i go over once or twice a year.

I guess the main advantages for you would be the weather, brisbane, melbourne, sydney are all good, i'd probably pick Brisbane, i mean you got the whitsunday islands north and the gold coast south, both are epic.
          I thought youre British.

I watched a show on an Americans living in Melbourne and i heard Sydney is way too expensive so i thought id take that as an option. Perth is in another galaxy. Brisbane sounds like another good choice.

Where i live its 8 months winter and on average -20 ish daily. I mite have to pull a holiday work thing soon. Is the wild life thing about snakes and scorpions popping out of your shoes/sewers true? I mean i hate reptiles man freak me out?

NZ is also very under rated imo. Now im not from there or met anyone but i heard the culture is very laid back and chilled out. Ppl are ok with being average and just live life and not always about material gains. I mite even consider NZ. How is Auckland vs Wellington since youre a native?
          Last edited by Box-Office; 02-18-2014, 05:58 AM.

Comment

New Zealand posters are welcome too btw.

Comment

Australia:

I'll chill with the canadians.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                Australia:

I'll chill with the canadians.

I didnt base my opinion on this btw, but still funny.

Can you tell me howz Melbourne/Brisbane or even Sydney to live vs any major Canadian city?
                Last edited by Box-Office; 02-19-2014, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                  Now im not gonna discuss the theory "If you beat a legend you become a legend" Sorry to disappoint all the Aussies.

So im Canadian and I was curious if any of you have lived in Canada besides the National Parks for Holiday Work. Im talking about actual metropolitan cities.

So the question is major differences whether econ/social of each country in your opinion (pros and cons)? City for City would be nicer if its not too private to mention your location. Which one do you prefer?

Im not looking to move permanently just feel like living "Down Under" for few years and experience life.

New Zealand posters welcome too if you know about Auckland/Wellington?
                  In Australia every living thing wants to kill you. In Canada it's just the weather that wants you dead.

Comment

I, too, would like to live and work in Australia/New Zealand. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X