No announcement yet.

Ola Afolabi's gift decision Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ola Afolabi's gift decision Saturday

I was at MSG this weekend, I know the Afolabi fight wasn't televised so most NSB posters probably aren't clued in, but I thought the Polish fighter took at least seven rounds, possibly eight in their fight. Media reports haven't really been saying outright that it was a robbery, but the absolute closest I could have seen that fight was a draw, Janik outworked and outhustled Afolabi in the first and last third of the fight, Afolabi took a few of the middle rounds but that was about it.
    Don't know how common this is for a non-televised fight to just be a pretty blatant robbery, it's probably more common cause there's less fan backlash. Also nobody at MSG really gave a ****, neither fighter was from Brooklyn or Russian/Kazakh, and it was a dull fight, so the crowd mostly shrugged at the decision.

Well... I was too and I guess i could see your discontent. Ola was for the most part defensive in nature the first 2 minutes then went on his attack. If you give Polish guy the rounds for being more active, then I guess so, but Ola was clearly landing the better and dealing the most damage in the later half of the fights. He was showboating a little, but he was slipping some punches pretty well.

Comment

It was televised and most people I watched this fight with scored it for Afolabi, even though he was reluctant to throw a few times in that fight. The Pole simply couldnt land and Afolabi got overconfident at times and wanted to toy with him.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        It was televised and most people I watched this fight with scored it for Afolabi, even though he was reluctant to throw a few times in that fight. The Pole simply couldnt land and Afolabi got overconfident at times and wanted to toy with him.
        damn, my seats were probably worse than I thought haha. It looked like Janik was landing a lot more, and he hurt Afolabi in the 11th I think it was.

Comment

I thought it was a very clear 6-4 win for Ola. I also talked to him after the fight and he said he hurt his hand

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
            damn, my seats were probably worse than I thought haha. It looked like Janik was landing a lot more, and he hurt Afolabi in the 11th I think it was.
            I think at one point Afolabi just had his gloves down showboating, and Janik landed a clean punch. Afolabi wasn't hurt at all, but I think from that point on he was potshotting.

As for it being televised, that may have been on Sky Sports (UK). I was looking forward to this one as Huck-Afolabi trilogy were absolute wars, but I guess it was just a nice clash of styles there.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              I thought it was a very clear 6-4 win for Ola. I also talked to him after the fight and he said he hurt his hand
              12 round buddy!
              But I had it around there.... defo not a draw, but I guess they took some of his inactivity into account

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

You mean 8-4, right?

But yeah, wasn't a difficult fight to score at all. Afolabi treated the whole thing as a basic sparring session and nothing more than that.

Comment

I didn't score this one, but it appeared Afolabi won a close fight. The Pole faded.

Comment

Afolabi is nothing special.

Comment

Working...
                    X