No announcement yet.

HTC Evo 4G LTE - (Sprint)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprints LTE

In our last post, we showed you guys an unofficial, 3rd party network test that pitted the the big 4 carriers here in the US against each other in a no-holds barred, west coast challenge. Absent from those speed tests was Sprint and their upcoming 4G LTE network, not yet officially available for the masses. Fortunately, PC Mag was able to nab an exclusive testing of Sprint’s next-gen 4G network in Atlanta Georgia, using a specially provisioned LG Viper 4G and gathering data using the Sensorly application. Let’s take a look at some of the results.

As you can see, Sprint’s LTE comes in 2nd place to AT&T’s LTE, receiving between 8 and 15Mbps download speeds. This is followed by Verizon LTE and T-Mobile HSPA+ taking 3rd and 4th place, respectively. Sprint’s WiMax network (which they’ve recently handed down to Boost and Virgin Mobile), comes in a laughable dead last, barely holding a candle to AT&T’s upload speeds. And speaking of uploads, Sprint’s LTE up doesn’t fare as well as their down, coming in 3rd with 2Mbps upload, a hair above T-Mobile (rounding out 4th once again).

Like most things, I would take these unofficial speed tests with a tiny grain of salt. Sprint’s LTE network is just beginning to take off, and as more and more users begin sucking up some of that bandwidth, we’ll have to see how well Sprint can maintain these speeds. Still, these results look promising and it’s leaps and bounds better than what’s currently made available on the Now Network. What do you guys think? Excited? Or disappointed?

Comment

Who has the fastest 3G? In my experience it's Verizon. AT&T was slow and Sprint's was almost non-usable. I've had phones on T-Mobile that gave me great service but never had a smartphone with them. Reason I ask is because 3G is where it's still at for the most part. Not everyone is in a 4G range and not everyone will keep their 4G on all the time. Especially us that have a "cap data plan". Don't get me wrong, 4G LTE is pretty sick, but I mainly use 3G because it eats less data and battery + my 3G is pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
      X