Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Murray has the heart of a champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He fought to survive at times, but also fought back despite being severely outgunned, you also have to fight to survive to last with GGG any way.

Getting in the ring with GGG shows more signs of heart than somebody who makes fighters wear sparring gloves, for instance. Martin Murray will never be remembered for that kind of nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom. View Post
      yes i have.

and just because i'm a law-abiding citizen who has never been in prison, doesn't mean i've never been in a fight.

now answer the question:

Did murray ever demand an opponent wear gloves with extra padding?
      hahahahahahaha

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          He's definitely someone who would demand his opponent wear gloves with extra padding.

Comment

"People telling me you went 11 rounds. Nobody has ever done that or whatever. But it's not what I wanted to hear at this time. I've been beaten and I'm gutted. Everyone is saying they're proud, but all I can think about is getting beat."

See, even Murray agrees with me. Telling someone they have the heart of a champion is like rubbing it in their face that they're not actual one though. Sure, he might have one component of a champion, but all that implies is that he's missing all the other crucial qualities of a champion.

Comment

I think he did his best and employed the best strategy he could of trying to get some punches off in early rds then grabbing GGG waiting for the break then resetting but eventually gotten worn down and beaten up.

Comment

Big respect to Martin Murray - he's a ring warrior.

He was Gennady Golovkin most determined opponent to date. You won't find a fighter with more courage in a boxing ring!

This is an appreciation thread - please post only POSITIVE comments here.
                That dude has a heart as big as ive ever seen. hats off to him. His corner shouldve stopped the fight though. Cat was gettin unnecessarily punished towards the end

Comment

a moral victory almost ruined his career

Comment

An appreciation thread turn sour

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                      An appreciation thread turn sour
                      Lol, you seemed surprised. Forget where you are?

Comment

Working...
                      X