Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico vs Puerto Rico... The Significant Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if u keep margarito over Cintron , you might as well add Cintron over Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      Instead of criticizing we should be celebrating that both countries have given us so many great fighters and so many memorable bouts. The rivalry just adds more to the excitement
      Puerto rico is not a country.

Comment

All trinidads fights pre bhope should have a * due to the illegal wraps in that case.Tito's wraps looked like he had bowling balls in his wraps how much gauze do u need damn.

Comment

Originally posted by PsYcHoDaD View Post
          All trinidads fights pre bhope should have a * due to the illegal wraps in that case.Tito's wraps looked like he had bowling balls in his wraps how much gauze do u need damn.
          ur discrediting Bhop from his very skilled very savy win over trinidad.

Trinidad looked like a fool. He wasnt even landing flush. Bhops style had a lot to do with Titos failure.

If Tito had been landing bombs then there would be a question. Now extra gauze is not illegal wraps.

I dont know why ppl keep bringing it up. Its fkn ******ed

Comment

You purposely forgot to mention a lot of P.R.>Mexico fights but that's ok. Mexico has 100 million people and P.R. has 4 million, now tell me who's better!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lucci View Post
              There was no hype for that fight, Angulo had less than 20 fights, no title on the line and Angulo had the flu and still almost made Cintron cry by the end of the fight. No significance there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimexicatl View Post
                What an ungrateful f@ck , the USA takes care of that little island just like the virgin islands(not in america either lol)be grateful to whom support you @ss , in this case the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
                you're an ignorant buffoon and although i had to bring it to your attention, i do not care to engage in a debate about the matter at hand with you. open up a book sometime.

Comment

Ok, Ok, the biggest and most significant fights only. Can we all agree on the following?

Antonio Margarito TKO 11 Miguel Cotto (WBA Welterweight)
                  Giovanni Segura KO 8 Ivan Calderon (WBA/WBO Jr Flyweight)
                  Jose Luis Ramirez TKO 4 Edwin Rosario II (WBC Lightweight)FOTY 1984
                  Julio Cesar Chavez TKO 11 Edwin Rosario (WBA Lightweight)
                  Julio Cesar Chavez UD 12 Hector Camacho (WBC Light Welterweight)
                  Salvador Sanchez TKO 8 Wilfredo Gomez (WBC Featherweight)

Puerto Rico over Mexico

Felix Trinidad SD 12 Oscar De La Hoya (WBC/IBF Welterweight)
                  Felix Trinidad TKO 12 Fernando Vargas (WBA/IBF Jr Middleweight)
                  Wilfredo Gomez TKO 5 Carlos Zarate (WBC Super Bantamweight)
                  Wilfredo Gomez TKO 14 Lupe Pintor (WBC Super Bantamweight)

Now lets discuss why these fights are so noteworthy...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lucci View Post
                    pfftt your getting carried away...

Originally posted by Boxeo_Boricua View Post
                    You purposely forgot to mention a lot of P.R.>Mexico fights but that's ok. Mexico has 100 million people and P.R. has 4 million, now tell me who's better!
                    Mexico

Comment

Were the Margarito vs. Cintron fights that significant? Lol. I just had to laugh when I saw that on top of the list.

Comment

Working...
                      X