Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Stern suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely without pay???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post
    Psshh, thats more of a reflection of what a ****ty excuse for states D.C and Maryland are. There gun laws are totally unconstitutional. Under the constitution, Gilbert can carry any gun he wants as long as he's not a criminal.

In Arizona and other "real" states people don't need permits and can "open" carry if they want to.

Gilbert should ask to be traded to the Suns where he can live like a free man.
    im not arguing against that... i dont agree with the laws

but even so, most employers frown on bringing guns to work... loaded or not

it is what it is

and my hatred of the NBA makes me laugh at this

Comment

just picked up Randy Foye

Comment

Guys, Im from the DMV and Gil is my favorite player in the league so I know everything about this case. 1st off you have to realize there have been a million different stories. 1st Gil got in trouble for having guns at the Verizon Center. Its against NBA rules to have guns on NBA property. However, he said that he brought the guns there because his daughter was just born and his other kids were old enough to start finding things and he didnt want them in the house anymore. He said he's a basketball junkie and doesnt go anywhere but to work and back so he brought them there "unloaded".

Gil lives in VA where they also have the laws about not needing a permit but the Verizon Center is in DC which has very strict gun laws. Gil said that he didnt know the NBA rules about guns on the property and he also thought the new DC gun laws allowed for you to carry a gun, and once he found out that he was wrong, he then turned them over to team security a week later and told them to give them to the police. There was an investigation. The story really blew up like a week after that when the NY Post reported that Gil and his teammate Crittenton drew guns on eachother after a gambling debt that Gil wouldnt pay to Crittenton and they claim they got the story from Crittenton's childhood friend. I think they said the debt was anywhere from 25g's to 150g's.

Gil tried to say that story wasnt true but everyone was still reporting it that way or very similar. Then another story came out saying that Critt never had a gun. Other stories came out saying that it started on a team flight home from the Suns game where they were gambling on the bus and Gil lost a ton of money to Critt but refused to pay. Critt wanted to fight but nothing happened. They had the next day off and when they got back to work the following day, they drew down on eachother. Thats how it was still being reported.

The next story came from Mike Jones who is a former Wiz beat writer and is ususally really relibale. He said that they were playing cards on the plane and a few guys were playing cards. He said the real story is that Critt & Gil were losing money to another Wiz player, Javelle McGee and Gil left out halfway through the game because he didnt like the rules. Critt ending up having to pay McGee both of there fee's and then tried to get Gil's share back from him but Gil wouldnt pay. Gil who is known for being all jokes told Critt that he was going to burn up his car and then Critt replied by telling him that he was going to shoot him in his bad knee. 2 days later when they came back to work, Gil wanted to play a joke by taking 4 unloaded guns out his locker and laying them on Critt's chair with a note on top telling Critt to "pick one".

Everyone said that it was a joke and that Gil was smiling and laughing the whole time basically telling Critt to pick the gun that he wants to shoot Gil in the knee with but Critt was still upset. Other teammates told him to chill because Gil is just busting his chops but Gil kept making jokes. Critt threw one of the guns accross the room and told Gil that he had a gun to and it ended like that. The National media was ripping Gil because all of them were still on the 1st story about both guys drawing guns on eachother and a near shootout but our local guys felt this was moreso the real story because Gil is a known prankster who goes to far alot of times. No one believes Gil would pull a gun on anyone.

The problem with Gil is that after that he became a huge idiot. Stern said the whole time that he would let the legal process play out before he made a decision but Gil was tweeting the whole time basically laughing it off and acting like it was a big joke. Then he's in the media just saying that he's a goofball and he only knows how to joke around. Then we played Philly on Tuesday night and when the type was circled around eachother before the game for there pre game hype up, Gil got in the middle of the circle and pretended that he was shooting pistols. After the game in the post fight presser he said that he wasnt worried about anything because he did nothing wrong and he wants an apology from everyone when its over. Thats all he wants. All the media was looking at him crazy because he already had admitted that he brought guns into the VC and the day before he met with the Feds about the case and issued an apology about making a mistake. It was clear that his lawyer wrote it.

After that, Stern suspended him. I dont think he suspended him for the gun stuff in the locker room because he was most likely going to wait even though a million people were pressuring him to come down hard on Gil and suspend him immediatly. However, he said that he doesnt see Gil as fit to play after the stuff he did on Tuesday night even though I know Gil just jokes about everything and he handles things different than most. He uses jokes to hide pain alot of time and means nothing by it. Last night though, another local writer came out with a new story and he's a top dog who ususally gets things right and he said he got the story from guys who were in the lockeroom. He said they were gambling on the plane but Arenas wasnt involved. Critt was just losing $1,100.00 to McGee and he was already upset over the rules of the game when Gil they said started needling him about losing which made Critt mad and wanted to fight.

Thats when Gil was typical Gil and said that he would burn Critt's car up and the Critt said he would shoot him in his knee. 2 days later Gil laid the unloaded guns in Critt's cubical to joke with him and he was writing the note for Gil to pick one when Critt walked into the room. Critt asked him what he was doing by his locker and then took one of Gil's guns and threw it across the room which landed in front of a trainer. He then pulled out his own gun, loaded it, and chambered a around. The other players tried to slide into the training room while they said Gil was still laughing at him before the situaion calmed. They said that Gil told him that he would take the fall for the incident and for him just to lay low so Critt wont get in trouble and banned for life. Gil was going to protect Critt, take all the blame, and no one ever found Critt's gun. Critt says that story isnt true and people are trying to ruin his name.

Basically though, Gil is the ultimate prankster and never has any malice in his heart. He's not a thug but he just takes jokes too far alot of times and guys get mad. The problem is the world has no sense of humor anymore and they want to lynch Gil for something that had no malice intent. He only brought the guns to get them away from his kids and I bet anything that he wouldnt have removed the guns from the locker if Critt had said he was going to kick Gil in his bad knee instead of shooting him. I bet it wouldve never crossed Gil's mind and Gil probably wouldve put 3 pairs of shoes out and told Critt to pick one but he said Shoot and thats when the gun joke came to his mind but they said he was laughing and smiling the whole time and so were the teammates. but I think Stern is going to kill him
        Last edited by DLT; 01-07-2010, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Guys, Im from the DMV and Gil is my favorite player in the league so I know everything about this case. 1st off you have to realize there have been a million different stories. 1st Gil got in trouble for having guns at the Verizon Center. Its against NBA rules to have guns on NBA property. However, he said that he brought the guns there because his daughter was just born and his other kids were old enough to start finding things and he didnt want them in the house anymore. He said he's a basketball junkie and doesnt go anywhere but to work and back so he brought them there "unloaded".
          its called a gun safe FFS

gil is just one dumb mother ****er

Comment

I've heard Gil on the Jim Rome show a few times and the dude seems like a real cool guy.

My kinda guy.

Comment

The locker room is a great place to show your newest piece to your homies.

Nothing wrong with that. Its not like he took them there to shoot anyone. A pistol is just an object, like a Gameboy or an Ipod.

No need to overreact.
              I agree though, as long as you don't pull the trigger or pistol whip someone, who cares. responsible guns flashers are fine, just be responsible.

Comment

I've heard Gil on the Jim Rome show a few times and the dude seems like a real cool guy.

My kinda guy.
                I think he's cool too, dude is definitely a character and his own man. He's funny too.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  I agree though, as long as you don't pull the trigger or pistol whip someone, who cares. responsible guns flashers are fine, just be responsible.
                  Its not like he was outside around a bunch of kids. He was in the locker room w/ other grown men.

His excuse was lame though, find a good storage spot Gilbert...

Comment

Thats why it sucks that people are trying to paint him in this negative light. He is by far the cooliest guy in the NBA. No one does more charity. Every person who meets him on the street says you can walk right up to him and he will talk to you. He gives his jersey to a kid in the stands after every game and signs autographs. The Wiz offered him a max contract and he took 16mil less so the team could sign other players. When at the All Star game there are always reports that when they have autograph signings, half the players dont show up or they leave early yet Gil stays the whole time until everyone has an autgraph. Sometimes he is there hours after the other players are. All he does is joke and smile and yet these guys want to make him the face of vilonce and say that he is the ultimate thug which is so untrue

Comment

My kinda guy.

Hibachi is from the 818 and i've always had love...even when he dropped 60 at staples but that was a dumb move

Comment

Working...
                      X