Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do fighters ever aim at spots like elbows?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hitting an opponent in the shoulders/hips is a smart move

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
      Marciano capatilized on hitting his opponents on the arms until his opponents couldn't hold them up, once the arms were too bruised to be held up he went for the head.

Not a bad tactic but you lose some much of your energy that way...
      Well it's better than throwing and missing, more energy gets used if you miss, the arms are a good target to aim for, can't move that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        Well it's better than throwing and missing, more energy gets used if you miss, the arms are a good target to aim for, can't move that much.
        I guess you're right, but then again Marciano was such a small heavyweight he got away by just smothering his opponents on the inside affording him the leverage to pull something like that off...

Comment

Yes, we've seen the Cotto against Branco thing. But I've heard numerous times that hitting your opponents on the hips enough times will take their legs away.

Comment

anthony peterson aims at his opponent's balls. the balls are the elbows of the genitals.

Comment

yeah fighters aim at any and everything. even illegal spots until warned.

Comment

Ken Norton hammered Ali's elbows and upper arms to counteract the rope a dope.

Comment

when i fight and spar i aim at the elbows when guys have quick jabs or leave they arms out so instead of reaching i hit the elbow with a uppercut to hyper extend it causing pain everytime they shoot it out. they start to shorting they shots or pull them back fast before it even gets near me.

then when they want to turn shots or block with their shoulder i dont aim at the head because they want you to turn and miss and counter so i hit their shoulders real hard push them back they cant counter.

also hit on the hips and where ever you can land on a muscle or bone and it causes pain and discomfort everytime they move

Comment

Wasn't Roach talking about PAC targeting mayweathers shoulder for their possible fight the first time negotiations were around?

I can imagine PAC having the energy to target that all night

Comment

Hernandez was a stupid mofo vs Floyd. He should have kept hitting Floyd in his hand and Floyd would have quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X