No announcement yet.

Shameless marathon is on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shameless marathon is on Showtime

Man I haven't seen this show in forever.

Emmy Rossum

Comment

This show is a version of a UK show that - in its first 2/3 seasons - used to be really good.

The Fat Yankastanian take on it isn't the same, as it's just too glossy and not grimy enough. I like William H Macy, but when you see him on screen in this, you just go "oh look, it's William H Macy!" Plus, in the UK version (first 2-3 seasons anyway) Frank Gallagher was a horrible person, a violent, dislikeable drunk. He's not loveable or there to say "it's all alright, as long as you've got your pop."

I see the Fat Yankistanian version is now in its fifth season. By that stage the UK version had become severely watered down. In the end, it ran for 11 seasons, and became utter ****.

Comment

Yep, Emmy is nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Yep, Emmy is nasty.
          In a good way

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak View Post
            This show is a version of a UK show that - in its first 2/3 seasons - used to be really good.

The Fat Yankastanian take on it isn't the same, as it's just too glossy and not grimy enough. I like William H Macy, but when you see him on screen in this, you just go "oh look, it's William H Macy!" Plus, in the UK version (first 2-3 seasons anyway) Frank Gallagher was a horrible person, a violent, dislikeable drunk. He's not loveable or there to say "it's all alright, as long as you've got your pop."

I see the Fat Yankistanian version is now in its fifth season. By that stage the UK version had become severely watered down. In the end, it ran for 11 seasons, and became utter ****.

The Fat Yank version is still good. Season 5 comes out on my birthday. Happy Birthday BeerBro

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              Yep, Emmy is nasty.
              This was a shocker for me as well. There's a line of thought (most humorously propagated by Family Guy) that UK girls are ugly. I wonder if this is pushed by UK TV, which traditionally showed people as they are? As an example, FY is still the second highest country in the world for obesity, but fat people in TV shows are a rarity there.

In the UK Shameless, most of the women are pretty, in a weird way, but normal looking. The kind of girls you'd screw in a bar toilet, but then not brag about afterwards. Which is kind of the point.

But then I saw the US version and you're just like "****, she's an actress".

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak View Post

Well, it would really suck if the US version was the exact copy of Green Teethstan version , wouldn't?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    The Fat Yank version is still good. Season 5 comes out on my birthday. Happy Birthday BeerBro
                    Happy Birthday mate. (Buddy, Fat Yank).

I do like US TV, but what I saw of Shameless FY was a bit too glossy. I think if I'd seen it in and of itself I'd like it a Hell of a lot more.

Here you go, ****. Not sure if this plays in Fat Yankistan... note that it features the guy who plays the young Professor X in the X-Men movies (and has a real thick Scottish accent in real life, so it's pretty impressive how he does the accent IMO):

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/s...mand/33881-001

Comment

Working...
                    X