Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Jacobs: Continuing to inspire in and out of the ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Jacobs: Continuing to inspire in and out of the ring

By Thomas Gerbasi - The last time I spoke to Danny Jacobs in March of 2012, he was days away from his second sparring session after beating cancer. The first one in December of 2011, against his good friend and 2008 Olympian Sadam Ali, didn’t go so well.

When I remind him of this conversation earlier this week, he laughs.

“The first time I did go sparring it really didn’t turn out the way I thought and I knew I had a long way to go,” said Jacobs, who can afford to look back at those rough days and smile; not just because he defeated the Osteosarcoma that threatened his career and his life, but because he’s won three straight bouts by knockout since returning to the ring in October of 2012.

On August 19th, he takes the biggest step in his comeback when he faces always tough Giovanni Lorenzo at the Best Buy Theater in New York City. It’s been a remarkable journey thus far for the former middleweight title challenger, but one he always thought would turn out okay, even during what most would consider to be the darkest times.

“No, there were never any doubts,” he said. “I told myself that if I couldn’t get through training, I wouldn’t set foot inside that ring and risk my health and my life. So the first time I did come back, even though there was a little bit of rust, I was confident that over time the kinks were going to be out, and they are. I feel like I’m a hundred percent now, if not better.” [Click Here To Read More]

It's crazy that with all that he has been through his career is headed in a better direction than Dmitry Pirog's.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      It's crazy that with all that he has been through his career is headed in a better direction than Dmitry Pirog's.
      Good point mate, thats staggering actually....

I like Jacobs, a lot more since the Cancer for some reason too.

Comment

Im excited about the fight against Lorenzo. Lorenzo is not bad. I wish Danny Jacobs all the best. He can still be a force i believe.

Comment

Working...
        X