No announcement yet.

Jake's Diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake's Diet

Atm I'm cutting down the amount of meals I have per day. I keep the pre workout meal quite small in order to minimise the total amount of calories. I'm training in the morning and I need energy after sleep or I'll be flat. I don't consider the pre workout meal a REAL meal either. I keep it small enough to give me a boost but not much more than that.

Normally I'd get rid of the milk in my afternoon protein shake but the ****ing protein I have tastes GOD AWFUL so until the remaining 2kg are gone (thats 4.4 lbs... *shudder*) I'm mixing the focker with whatever I can to get it down.

1. Pre workout meal:
    *small* bowl of cereal with milk

2. post work out meal:
    two pieces of toast,
    6 eggs (4 whites, 2 whole eggs)

3. mid morning meal:
    2 scoops of protein powder
    300mL milk
    carb bar
    apple

4. Lunch:
    Pasta & meat or tuna sandwitch

5. Afternoon Snack:
    2 scoops of protein powder
    300mL milk
    fruit

6. Dinner:
    Steak and salad

- The Jake

Oh and I have one junk food day. On that day I still make sure I get 5-6 solid serves of protein each meal. I'm just not shy on the carbs and fat

- The Jake

Comment

Looks pretty solid Jake...you should cut some BF with that and still get enough protein to grow, so good stuff

Comment

At five meals a day, with on avg 30gm of protein a meal, I am pretty sure I should grow

Dammit I really hate this protein powder.

WORD OF THE WISE - don't buy Redback Strawberry/Banana protein powder. It doe not taste how you think it might....

- The Jake

Comment

i need to get on a good diet routine. perhaps i can borrow yours and see how ti works out. the only problem i have is keeping track of carbs, ml, etc, etc.

when i am hungry i just like to eat eat eat. i mean it would get boring eating the same thing every ****in day. how could you keep track of it and still switch up the food that you consume?

Comment

Prepare your meals before you begin the day. I make sure I got plenty of protein shakes and fruit if all else fails. That can tide me over until I get home and make something (or my mum make it haahha).

A good trick is to have one day (e.g. sunday) and prepare all your meals for the next few days or week or whatever. Seperate the portions and put them into freeze dried baggies.

- The Jake

Comment

My junkfood day
              --
              I only add this to show ppl here how my diet typically works.

This say is the same as any other day. EXCEPT:

1) Mars bar slice made by my godmother, this **** kicks ASS alongside my breakfast (they go great with coffee)

2) Chocolate muffins and slice thank to Muffin Fridays at work.

3) the hottest beef vinadloo you can imagine with garlic narn bread and steamed rice

4) ****loads of beer to wash it down.

Therefore, even tho there is more carbs, fat and other ****, the protein count is the same.

This elevates my carb levels to I can afford to go heavy at the gym tomorrow (even if my testosterone levels are down because of the alcohol I don't care).

- The Jake

Comment

Today:

1: Left over pasta (ravioli)

2: left over indian (beef vindaloo, steamed rice, garlic narn bread)
                [pre workout meal]

3: protein shake with honey, apricots and water [post workout drink]
                - honey for carbs and to get rid of the awful taste of this **** tasting protein powder)

4: haven't had yet, looks like left over steak and soup

5: haven't had yet, looks like a protein shake again most likely.

Not exactly healthy. You'll notice after meal 2, there's a reduction on carbs and fat. Fattier, larger meals at the start of the day (before the workout), lighter meals as the day progresses, less and less in carbs and fat.

- The Jake

Comment

Jake, post workout you want some whey protein. As i posted on another thread, take it with dextrose and that should get the protein quickly to your muscles, then at least weight 30minutes at least, usually 45-1hr, to eat the meal

Also, try mixing the protein powder with WATER and try it out bro, i had the same problem, i mixed myoplex with milk and it was a thick ****ing cake batter mix, and now i mix it with water and it is thin and actually tastes better imo.

*just read ur last post i guess you did mix it with water...try Designer whey protein, vanilla, tastes good in yogurt...If you haven't tried to mix the protein in yogurt, i would try, tastes alright to me..

Comment

Typically I do tdiddy.... I mix it up.

- The Jake

Comment

Working...
                    X