No announcement yet.

Hey Guys I got some Info on Cotto-Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whodini View Post
    If FLoyd Jr fought this year, that means he's a ***** a Coward, he rather face someone else beside Pacquiao. Boxing fans want you to fight Pacquiao ***** Ass!
    Yes...he should be a warrior hero like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
      Hey, I speak to some people close to Cotto and apparently he has been telling arum to make a fight with Floyd since 07'. apparently arum was the one unwilling to negotiate with Mayweather. But Cotto was cool about it because he still got some pretty good fights like Mosley, Margarito,ect, ect, ect.

But Cotto is now some what pissed because he didnt got the fight with Pacquiao and how arum has treat him lately. Thats why he partnered with GBP's to co-promote fights and thats why he is doing so with Mayweather.

From what I was told, they will be disscussing a posible fight whether arum likes it or not. If arum refuses like in the past, GBP's and Cotto promotions are preparing to buy out Miguel's Contract. They both want to fight a credible name worth a fight $$$$ wise.

So dont be shock if this actualluy comes off. Miguel is realy pissed at arum and his antics.

By the way, you guys dont have to believe me, because Im just a poster on forum. But the ones who know me, knows I always put good info.
      Cotto deserves his highest payday ever especially after what Bob just did with Margarito!

Comment

• Originally posted by yevskiy426 View Post
        He cant Manny is signed to top rank. Any and every negotiation has to go through Arum. The only way is to Buy out a contract.

If it was that easy, the fight woulf have already happened
        True, probably why Ch@mp is talking about a buyout. If Arum were serious about it, he would have sent Todd Duboef like he did for the Pavlik-Williams negotiations that got made with Al Haymon.
        Originally posted by Ray* View Post

If Arum can sabotage a Mayweather/De la hoya fight then i have NO doubt that he could do the same to a Mayweather/Pacquaio fight.
        I really am starting to believe he's the scourge of boxing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's sabotaged his fair share of big fights during the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post
          Yes...he should be a warrior hero like you.

no he shouldn't...he should put on that Lifestyle Flashy skirt and talk about his money instead like you

Comment

• Floyd,are you ducking Cotto?

FLOYD : " Cotto lives in Puerto Rico,to far,and Zab Judah bust his face in what ten eleven round"

Comment

• Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post
              Hey Jacky, why are people such Arum haters?

All he did was get Cotto every big fight possible. Its not Uncle Bob's fault Cotto can't win them, lol..
              Controversies

While working as a boxing promoter, Arum had been involved in many feuds and controversies.

In 1994, he was involved with John Daly for the High Noon in Hong Kong boxing event. The fights were called off at the last minute when Barry Hearn withdrew his fighters as no purses were forthcoming. John Daly blamed Arum when he said, "I've tried desperately to convince my partners to keep the faith. I offered them as much security as I could but it was not quite good enough. It seems I was ready to take the shots, but Mr Arum wasn't."[2]

He has been involved in a forty year feud with Don King, who once called him a "rat fink" in 2000 for admitting during a federal trial that he bribed the International Boxing Federation president in order to gain a more favorable rating for one of his fighters. [1] [2]

He was penalized $125,000 by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in 1995 for a bribe to get one of his fights sanctioned.
              In 2003, Arum complained about the judging in the September 13 bout between Oscar De La Hoya and Sugar Shane Mosley and suggested there was a vendetta against him from a member of the Nevada State Commission that led to DeLa Hoya's loss. Arum later apologized for the remark which commission chairman Luther Mack accepted. [3]

On the first week of January 2004, FBI agents raided Arum's Top Rank office in Las Vegas. Arum was on vacation when his office was raided, and the FBI originally declined to comment on the raid. The media reported that the FBI was investigating allegations that Top Rank was involved in fixing the rematch between de la Hoya and Shane Mosley, even though De La Hoya lost and Arum was De La Hoya's promoter. The federal agency also announced that it was investigating some of Eric Esch's fights, as well as the Jorge Páez-Verdell Smith fight. The investigation closed in the summer of 2006 with no charges being filed.

In 2007, Floyd Mayweather Jr., who Arum promoted from 1996–2006, accused him of both underpaying and undermarketing him while exploting his talents and manipulating officials. [4]

In 2007, UFC president Dana White accused him of "sucking the life out of the sport (boxing) and not putting anything back in." Amongst White's criticisms were that Arum had created a weak undercard for the DeLa Hoya-Mayweather fight in 2007 saying Arum did not promote the show correctly. "He promoted that show completely the wrong way, because he worried about the money as opposed to trying to secure the future", White said. "He should have stacked that card. He should have had Shane Mosley and Bernard Hopkins and (Marco Antonio) Barrera and Winky Wright on there and used it to show that boxing is back". Arum responded by saying that MMA fighters need to examine the revenues being generated and ask why the UFC wasn't paying the more. White made these comments not realizing that Arum did not promote the De La Hoya-Mayweather bout, and was not involved in any way with the fight. His only connection was being he former promoter of both fighters. [5] [6]

Arum has been accused of being a racist by Robert Lee, the former president of the International Boxing Federation. Lee said of Arum "I pin the racism charge on him because he once told me: `We will let the Blacks and the Latinos fight in the ring and we will count the money on the outside'." [7]

Arum also filed a lawsuit HBO for overstepping its boundaries in the sport by becoming a defacto promoter while trying to intentionally eliminate him as a promoter. Arum complained that HBO dropped Floyd Mayweather Jr. from his exclusive deal after he insisted his fighter have a tougher bout than the network wanted. The suit was settled out of court but Arum continued to criticize HBO by saying "Instead of working with promoters, like they have done in the past, they have become promoters themselves. They make the fights just like promoters and pay fighters", Arum said. "It's their money and they can do what they want, but Don King doesn't have to go along with it and neither do I. King and I can get along without HBO or Showtime."

In 2009, Arum defended Antonio Margarito when he lost his boxing license in the US state of California on charges of illegal handwraps [3], implied it was racially motivated and stated that Top Rank would not come back to the state of California until the issue was rectified [4].

In late-2009, Arum called UFC fans "skinhead white guys". Bas Rutten accused him of racism for this remark [5] He also stated that MMA fighters are "guys rolling around like ****sexuals on the ground." [6] Earlier in the year, Arum described UFC President Dana White as "nuts" and "a little too much of a loose cannon" for White's use of a gay slur in reference to an MMA reporter.[7]

Comment

• Hell yea! good info man. cottos been needing to leave arum. cotto vs pbf would be nice!

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                Hey, I speak to some people close to Cotto and apparently he has been telling arum to make a fight with Floyd since 07'. apparently arum was the one unwilling to negotiate with Mayweather. But Cotto was cool about it because he still got some pretty good fights like Mosley, Margarito,ect, ect, ect.

But Cotto is now some what pissed because he didnt got the fight with Pacquiao and how arum has treat him lately. Thats why he partnered with GBP's to co-promote fights and thats why he is doing so with Mayweather.

From what I was told, they will be disscussing a posible fight whether arum likes it or not. If arum refuses like in the past, GBP's and Cotto promotions are preparing to buy out Miguel's Contract. They both want to fight a credible name worth a fight $$$$ wise.

So dont be shock if this actualluy comes off. Miguel is realy pissed at arum and his antics.

By the way, you guys dont have to believe me, because Im just a poster on forum. But the ones who know me, knows I always put good info.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Arums treatment of Margarito.
                  explain how arum protecting his investment with margarito is connect to ill treatment of cotto?

Comment

• Miguel is Puerto Rican, and Boricuas are smart, independent people. Migs has figured it out and is buying out.

Floyd invested $750K five years ago....and has made, what, $100 million since then without Arum?

Floyd clowned Arum.

Thankfully, Bob has found an illiterate sucker he can milk.

Comment

• cotto thinks he's ready to fight floyd, but he needs to get some tune ups first.

cotto is crazy if he think he can beat martinez.

cotto can beat angulo, but that's another war.

Comment

Working...
                      X