Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who beat Cotto worse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margarito took Cotto's heart away. Pacquiao just beat Cotto a litlte worst than Joshua Clottey beat Cotto. When Clottey had Cotto backing up he took it easy on Cotto therefor losing the fight. When Pacquiao had Cotto backing up he made sure to finish the job. Margarito on the other hand made Cotto bow before him. So I'd say Margarito.

Comment

I'm gonna say Pac,for only one reason...Pac took far less punishment to beat Cotto,but Cotto looked way more beat up vs Margas...

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
        In this kind of case photos are the thing needed. Stats don't say much when talking about beatdowns.

Margarito:

Pacquiao:

Damn Cotto is a focking warrior for real. I respect him he comes to fight regardless.
        didn't look like he came to fight in the second half of both fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Margarito took Cotto's heart away. Pacquiao just beat Cotto a litlte worst than Joshua Clottey beat Cotto. When Clottey had Cotto backing up he took it easy on Cotto therefor losing the fight. When Pacquiao had Cotto backing up he made sure to finish the job. Margarito on the other hand made Cotto bow before him. So I'd say Margarito.
          Good point...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Pacquiao took cotto's heart too- that's why he was running away.

I noticed he played these little mind games with cotto- he let cotto attack him, and then he would come back stronger, he let cotto attack and then he would come back stronger

it got to the point where cotto didn't even want to attack him anymore cuz he knew what was coming.

You can't compare clottey and pacquiao's performance against cotto because pacquiao's was so much better it's not even a question. Cotto was only backing up in that fight because he'd been fighting the whole thing with his face split apart.
            Last edited by Paclan; 10-21-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Pac did. Cotto was actually able to recover from the Marg fight. His comeback fight against Jennings showed that Cotto was able to still do his thing but after that Pac fight, Cotto has never looked the same.

Comment

I actually just re-watched both of the fights and Cotto really just did not stick to his game plan at all in the Pac fight. Cotto did really well boxing Pac with his jab in the first three rounds. He started to try to fight Pac in the 4th and began exchanging with him and that's where things went south, u simply cannot exchange with Pac and expect to win, he's too tough, too fast, and punches too hard. Margarito literally just imposed his will on Cotto, Cotto tried to stick to his game plan as much as he could but once he started gassing he just couldn't keep Margs off of him. He gassed in both fights. I'd say the Margs beating was a little worse but they were both vicious.

Comment

Damn he actually started fighting with Pac at the end of the second, and it continued right into the third. At the end of the second Cott's trainer even says "you're fighting his fight, his gameplan, use your jab!".

Comment

Margarito gave him the worst beating of the 3.Cotto in resignation for getting too much punishment and got on his knees.

Comment

Pac.

Pac had Cotto on survival mode after 4 rounds and dropped him twice early, Cotto didn't start being in full retreat until the 9th/10th round against Marg.

Comment

Working...
                      X