No announcement yet.

Could Rigondeaux beat Malignaggi @ 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthpawJames View Post
    Paulie would have a better chance at that weight. Either way he gets dominated, Rigo is too fast, too intelligent and too black.
    ??????????

Comment

This reminds me of the Ivan Calderon matchups. Lol.

Seriously though... If Paulie came in light and didnt rehydrate and rigo didnt have to worry about making weight (as if he does but whatever) id favor Rigo to be honest... Rigo probably hits harder than Paulie though paulie has more mass behind his... Then again rigo is SIGNIFICANTLY faster. Think amir looked fast? Imagine how fast someone like Nonito or rigo would seem. Rigo might not be able to stop paulie but it would still keep him off and you never know... Some counters to the body or face with his kind of snap could hurt many.

Still... Paulie is no idiot and would likely body him all night if he can and just throw 30 more jabs than rigo and decision him. Id still favor rigo lol. I dont know why I just dont envision paulie beating him. :/.... Weird

Comment

Just because Rigo wont fight at 147 and this fight wont happen, doesn't mean Rigondeaux couldn't win it. Size is very important but this is the perfect match up for Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Even with the weight difference?

I think Rigo would beat half the 147 pounders I bet he beats Broner who was beaten by a 122 pounder already

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
            people never would have thought pac could be succuessful at 147.

rigo can atleast beat paulie who isnt a real 147 pounder anyways and has no power

he would beat him pretty easy actually. paulie fights with his hands low and makes a lot of mistakes.
            lol paulie is a welterweight now, just not a real welterweight punch at all

Comment

bump.......

Comment

Working...
              X