Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@Lebedev vs Jones: I am a big fan of Kostya Tszyu, but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Lebedev vs Jones: I am a big fan of Kostya Tszyu, but...

....he should have stopped the fight many rounds before the end. His fighter Lebedev was taken sick punishment even though he was winning the fight on the cards. I remember Tszyu quitting against Hatton and Tszyu took less punishment in that fights than Lebedev (at least from what it looked like from the outside).
    All for the crowd, really? Dude's eyesight and life is on the line and nobody knew it better than Tszyu.
    And this is coming from a guy who has Tszyu in his all time favorite top 3 list.

EDIT: Actually Tszyu was TKO'ed by Phillips, for whatever reason I remembered Tszyu quitting in that fight.
    Last edited by raskat; 05-18-2013, 04:48 AM.

I suspect Tszyu was told not to throw the towel in.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      I suspect Tszyu was told not to throw the towel in.
      I made the same thread earlier in the day and said the same thing.

I don't know if Tszyu was told not to, but he sure was scared to for some reason. Same goes for the Doctor. I bet when the ref walked him over to the Doctor in the 11th the conversation went something like this.

Ref: "Hey pretend you are looking at this so we can save face"

Doctor: "OK but you know if I stop it we are both dead by morning right?"

Ref: "So it looks good? great! FIGHT ON!"

As the TS said, a guy like Tszyu who was averse to taking punishment himself and retired early to avoid it has no excuse for letting this fight go on. Even a joke trainer who had never fought a fight himself would probably know better.

Comment

Tszyu has a gambling problem.

Comment

Ir was that bad? I've seen the pics but haven watched the fight. Definitely going to check out later today

Comment

Working...
          X