Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most beutiful footwork in boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PED Salesman View Post
    Andre Ward uses his feet pretty well as part of his defense and offense.

Agree on Rigondeaux as well.
    Bradley has good footwork as well. Even if he ****ed up his ankles.

Comment

Ismayl silLakh and it isn't even close. His legs are his defense. The man diesnt slip punches, he dodges them. Second coming of Ali with his legs.

Comment

first two names that came to mind have already been mentioned, Rigo & Sillakh. pretty special with da boy Sillakh cuz he kinda has a tall, awkward build. If only his upper movement was as good lol...

Hopkins as well. Joan Guzman when he's being defensive minded, not so much when he's coming forward.

Comment

beautiful footwork?

kind of an odd set of criterion i'd think

some nice mentions so far
          i'll add chemito moreno and jorge linares

linares may not be effective, but i could watch that kid shadowbox all day.

best footwork i've seen in person was sergio martinez
          he literally floats around the ring. it's unreal how fleet that dude is.

the best/most talented footwork of recent years is manny pacquiao in my opinion. he was never a fundamentalist or a technician with it, but that was not how he fought in his prime. it comes down to covering distance (moving,) and remaining balanced (in a position where you can avoid and throw punches,) and manny pacquiao did that very well.

he used to dart around the ring with tremendous speed with lightening fast changes in direction. he could land fast shots with full power while cutting in and out. he was hurting huge WW. there have been only a handful of fighters in history with a combination of speed and power like that.

pacquiao did that best 2-3 years back. recently he's started to only display his footwork for parts of rounds, or certain rounds and not others. and very recently (the past few fights,) he's simply began to deteriorate / lose coordination / slow down.
          Last edited by New England; 07-16-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Pac & Martinez

Comment

Nonito Donaire.

Comment

MannyP

Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  Pac & Martinez
                  Originally posted by Panginoon View Post
                  MannyP

Cotto

Just sayin..

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    When Pacquiao was forced to move forward in constant motion his footwork was turning very ordinary, he was off balance very often and had no ability of cutting off the ring whatsoever, thus I think his footwork is rather overrated(not that it wasn't impressive).

he's begun to slow and plod a good deal of late (bradley, mosley, marquez,) but when he fought ricky hatton, oscar de la hoya, even miguel cotto, his footwark was nothing like you describe. even in spots against margarito he showed the spectacular footwork. he was having trouble keeping it up at that stage in his career. the legs are always the first thing to go on a fighter.

de la hoya and pacquiao is a perfect example. oscar had respectable power, even then, and pacquiao cut in and out because he was trying to keep from getting hit. he was a huge dog, and there were still questions about whether or not he would simply fall over when a strong punching WW hit him on the chin. when he fought cotto and took his best gas that was no longer a question, but especially before the de la hoya fight that was a question on everybody's mind

i'm sure i dont need to tell you that most folk thought oscar was going to kill manny, and that undoubtedly had an effect on manny's outlook and gameplan (to move in and out with angles to get his offense off, while primarily boxing on the outside.)
                    Last edited by New England; 07-16-2012, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                      When Pacquiao was forced to move forward in constant motion his footwork was turning very ordinary, he was off balance very often and had no ability of cutting off the ring whatsoever, thus I think his footwork is rather overrated(not that it wasn't impressive).

and he's always looked like junk against marquez

a boxer like marquez will leave you looking like you are lost at sea.

Comment

Working...
                      X