Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had Pavlik never fought Hopkins, he would be where today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Pavlik never fought Hopkins, he would be where today?

How far could or would he have gone? Your thoughts?

Probably stayed champ for at least a year, but if the stories are true, alcoholism is a very serious thing and he may have been derailed before that. He might have celebrated too much just as in defeat he wallowed too long.

Comment

Originally posted by mehoe View Post
      Probably stayed champ for at least a year, but if the stories are true, alcoholism is a very serious thing and he may have been derailed before that. He might have celebrated too much just as in defeat he wallowed too long.
      Agreed, I think that alcoholism would've got to him anyway as it seemed to be a growing problem even before the Hopkins fight.

Comment

Better than what happened when he fought him. Bernard Hopkins the only active fighter that actually take souls. LOL at the other soul takers. Half the time the souls is halfway out already.

Comment

True i agree to all, Alcohol and the soul taker!! But what could his full potential have been?

Comment

Lets say healthy sober and humble! Could he have dominately successfully
            moved up to 168 and maybe 175? Meaning with his then skill sets!

Comment

tough to say at the time of the fight i though hopkins had no chance of winning

Comment

Originally posted by LasVegas Boxing View Post
                tough to say at the time of the fight i though hopkins had no chance of winning
                Me too. Boy I wish him and Williams would have actually made that fight. I would have been epic (as they say.)

Comment

Originally posted by mehoe View Post
                  He stayed the champion for almost two years following the Hopkins fight, which he spent the entirety of faking injuries and ducking Paul Williams. The Pavlik-Bhop fight wasn't for a title.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    He stayed the champion for almost two years following the Hopkins fight, which he spent the entirety of faking injuries and ducking Paul Williams. The Pavlik-Bhop fight wasn't for a title.
                    Good point! it wasnt about a "belt" it was about manhood! and the better man won. which screw Pavlik up mentally and over the edge! . a fighter whom
                    loses his confidence in just an ordinary man. Guess with his expectation held so high by his people, the pressure caved him.

Comment

Working...
                    X