No announcement yet.

Punisher targets Executioner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punisher targets Executioner

Hope this fight doesn't happen. Neither fighter will gain anything from a W. If hopkins wins he beat a "smaller" fighter, if Williams wins he beats a 44 year old on activity. On the other hand it's an interesting matchup, hopkins does have trouble with guys that throw more punches than him, however Williams may struggle with the lateral movement and overall strength of hopkins....

Williams welcomes Hopkins fight

By Lee Bates

Moments ago, ********* spoke with George Petersen, who trains two-divison world champion Paul ‘The Punisher’ Williams (37-1, 27 KOs), regarding what possible fight would interest him next for Williams. One name that really excited him was two-division world champion Bernard ‘The Executioner’ Hopkins (49-5-1, 32 KOs). “We will take that fight all day long at a catchweight. One of Hopkins’ main strengths is that he intimidates people. Paul would not be intimidated. First thing we would attack would be his head. Calzaghe really put it on Hopkins down the stretch in their fight. Those volumes of punches are nothing compared to what Paul would throw. If our people who make the final decisions on these matters approached me with this offer, the answer is ‘yes’ all day long.” said Peterson.

Prediction: Williams drops his output to under 50 punches a round and Hopkins stops him.

Comment

be careful what you ask for....

Comment

Hopkins will box the **** out of him.

I don't care what anyone says.

Hopkins is a pioneer at these kind of fights. It will be Quintana Vs Williams all over again, but with a taste of B-Hop.

Comment

Hopkins would KO him

Comment

At first I was thinking Williams has a lot of balls to call out hopkins, but I'm leaning more on the side that he's calling him out because he's a big name and Williams wants a big payday. If not he'd call out Chad Dawson and other LW's too.

Comment

I wonder how low Hopkins can get if he wants this fight. They would ask for 165 I'm guessing.

Comment

Hopkins UD I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
                  I wonder how low Hopkins can get if he wants this fight. They would ask for 165 I'm guessing.
                  Prior to the winky fight Williams was talking about fighting hopkins at 168, which is only 2 points less than what he fought Pavlik at. Hopkins didn't seem to have a problem with that when he expressed interest in the fight. Now they mention a catch weight. I think you're right though, I couldn't see hopkins agreeing to anything below 165-168

Comment

wont happen hops will offer williams a $500,000 flat fee

Comment

Working...
                    X