Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a white man that is born in Africa and moves to the US, does that make him a......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Brother Khalid;13893264]I'm glad you pointed that out.

If you do research on the history of when those groups (Italians and Irish) first came to America.....they weren't considered white and were discriminated against heavily.

When they were accepted as white...then that's when the discrimination stopped.

So a white from African will automatically be identified with the dominate group and be labeled as a America.

FWIW....It's not me who is saying this. I'm simple pointing to America's history and how they classify people.[/Q

No need to apologize for speaking the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      My grandson was born in a London hospital 7 weeks ago. His birth certificate notes that he is a "white Brit". I'm serious, couldn't believe it when I saw the document.
      That term is pretty much an American term (white). However that wouldn't surprise me as a lot of places are taking in a lot western culture and ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Trigger View Post
        African American?
        Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
        Im sick of your sht, prove your citizenship or get deported!

Comment

@3:10 this guy ends thread. Plus he's funny as hell.
          Last edited by I.R.I.E; 11-01-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
            How the hell were the Irish not considered white? They're one of the whitest groups of people in the world. Everybody is discriminated against in the US (including white people in black and Mexican neighborhoods)
            Well you do know that the term "white" used to describe Caucasian is one that was coined in America. Other countries didn't use skin color to describe themselves, rather they just referred to themselves by their nationality.

In America, you had multiple groups from various countries immigrating over here. The term "white" was a term used to group different people under one umbrella. However, the Irish were not one of the groups that were originally accepted under this new "white" umbrella.

In fact there were all types of derogatory terms used against them. They were signs stating "Irish need not apply", various illustrations mocking them and claiming they were subhuman and they were even referred to as the ____ of Europe. So to answer your question, no the Irish were not considered white.

Italians got a similar treatment. I remember watching a hbo documentary on Vince Lombardi in which he stated several whites called him the n-word due to his darker skin. In fact he stated it was common for Italians to face racism in America as they weren't considered white for the longest as well.

Now both groups eventually got accepted as white, but not at first.
            Last edited by Khalid X; 11-02-2013, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              He's a segregationist and a racist. He doesn't think racism can happen to white people today. He'll probably justify it as payback for what some southern guy did 200 years ago.
              If by racist you mean someone who loves their race then yes I am.

However, unlike you I don't love my race to the point I want to oppress another group of people.

Black power, pan-africanism and Black nationalism has never been about hating other groups. Rather its about building up our communities, while educating and helping our people.

Why dont youn go back to having sex with your dog and hyping your racist z-clan group.
              Last edited by Khalid X; 11-02-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X