Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the sport of boxing mean to you? why do you follow it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad brought me in boxing ever since I was a kid we watched it every time there was a big fight. I really did not care for it at the beginning but as I grew older I got hooked on boxing because of Tyson and seeing him knock people out.

I follow it because if entertainment that it brings.

Comment

It all started here.

And was cemented after as a child I happened upon this fella.

Comment

I spar because it's fun and watch fights because I like watching low IQ manimals engage in mutual self-destruction.

Comment

Boxing in the late 80s and early 90s was when I got into the sport. Watched Holyfield, Tyson, Chavez, Norris, Morrison, Jones Jr.

I love the organized and officiated violence between two top athletes who may or may not have skills, power, athleticism, courage, grit, determination, speed and many other attributes. I love watching the ebb and flow of competitive boxing matches where skill plays a predominate role as well as heart and toughness.

I've watched so many fights where one guy is dominating and doing all things right in the match only for his opponent to adapt, make some adjustments or just weather the storm to get the upper hand. I love the back-in-forth battling and the momentum changes

Comment

I think what started it for me was watching Mike Tyson footage. I've only been a huge fan of boxing for around 4-5 years. I started reading about famous fighters from Philly and started watching Floyd and Manny and then pretty much everyone bar the cruiserweights and anyone south of featherweight. Youtube helped.

Comment

Boxing is my life and always will be. RJJ Tyson were icons of the sport. They along with others made it interesting. I come from a family of boxers. My grandfather use to box bare fisted on the docks for money and freight from what my father told me. I never met him personally but was told he was one badass dude.
              I follow it through its ups and downs...like a marriage between husband and wife for better or worst. Im married to the sport and wont turn my back on it.
              I enjoy the history making i get to see. Like Arturo Gatti and Micky Wards 9th round going down as the greatest round in boxing history! Or a fight of the century or fight of the years. I take the good with the bad. Just like in life.

then there is Boxingscene...to make it all that much more interesting and better!

Comment

Boxing is not a sport. Sports are games. Boxing is not a game. You can't play boxing.

Comment

NFL Football is number 1 for me and will always be. I like the combat aspect of boxing and I like the various techniques boxers use to win their fights. The unfortunate thing is that Boxing is not paid attention to much which is why I like the Fighters like Mayweather and Broner who have tactics they use to bring attention to the sport whether it be good or bad.

Comment

My grandfather got me in the sport back in the late 80's. At a young age I became interested in boxing because I didn't care too much for team sports. I hated having to rely on someone else. I liked the fact its just you and the other person, no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Boxing in the late 80s and early 90s was when I got into the sport. Watched Holyfield, Tyson, Chavez, Norris, Morrison, Jones Jr.

I love the organized and officiated violence between two top athletes who may or may not have skills, power, athleticism, courage, grit, determination, speed and many other attributes. I love watching the ebb and flow of competitive boxing matches where skill plays a predominate role as well as heart and toughness.

I've watched so many fights where one guy is dominating and doing all things right in the match only for his opponent to adapt, make some adjustments or just weather the storm to get the upper hand. I love the back-in-forth battling and the momentum changes
                      Good times in the sport. I tried to Green you but they say I gotta spread it around old friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X