No announcement yet.

The problem with Danny Garcias purse against Salka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem with Danny Garcias purse against Salka

I see a lot of people trying to defend the Salka fight and say its great fighters get paid, etc.

Here is the problem with Danny Garcia getting paid 600k for a sparring session against the 77th ranked fighter in his division, two divisions below Dannys, it's a very simple one:

If Danny Garcia is getting paid 600k for basically a tune-up/stay busy fight against a sparring partner...... Why in gods name would he EVER fight a top fighter again? Why would anybody risk their health and "0" against a fighter who could possibly beat you when you could make half a million dollars to fight a guy whos just collecting a paycheck?

THIS ruins the integrity of the sport. The whole- Haymon-Million dollar paydays-to-fight-nobodies thing... absolutely ruins the integrity of the sport. Because with this business model (that the accountant on here just love) you will continue to see fights like this happen and guys not taking anymore risks or want to take legacy fights. This tricks the casual fan, sure. But anybody who actually loves the sport of boxing and defends this crap is just mind boggling. Actually, its simply not possible. If you are just a boxing fan and not a Al Haymon cheerleader..... you wouldn't say things like "well at least the fighters getting paid. thats all that counts"

On top of that. I see a lot of posters recently saying theres a hypocrisy about people blasting this Salka fight and those same people not blasting the Kovalev-Caparello fight. Heres the one big, big difference (on top of the fact that Caparello is a top 15 ranked fighter in Kovalevs division, was the best opponent available besides Isaac Chilemba, Kovalev tried to fight the lineal champ who ducked him, and ironically ran to Al Haymon to get paid $1 million to fight Fonfara, and the fact that this didn't headline a card on a premium network)

the big difference is: Sergey Kovalev did not get paid $600,000 or anything close to that to fight Blake Caparello. That fight did NOT ruin the integrity of the sport and absolutely nobody was hurt by that fight. (whats funny is Golovkin got paid 600,000 to fight a top 5 fighter!!!!)

Yet these are the guys who are being called overhyped by these same fans.

This is ridiculous!

edit: This is not a bash Danny Garcia thread. Its a response to a few posters comparing Garcia-Salka to Kovalev-Caparello and saying its the same thing
    Last edited by King_; 08-12-2014, 03:01 PM.

the difference is you are kovalev fan. other than that there is no difference.

If your theory is correct, does it also apply to GGG and Kov or is it ok for them because they didn't get the fight they wanted?

The integrity of the sport being hurt is a stretch. wouldn't the fight have to be higher profile and include a bigger name to hurt the sport's integrity?
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 08-12-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      the difference is you are kovalev fan. other than that there is no difference.

If your theory is correct, does it also apply to GGG and Kov or is it ok for them because they didn't get the fight they wanted?
      No.... the difference is they're not getting paid 600k to fight a sparring partner.

Whats the point of ever fighting top fighters if you get paid half a million for a tune up fight? Seriously, what sane person in this world would ever take a risk in a boxing ring when they can get paid the same amount of money for a fraction of the risk?

If you don't see how getting paid 600k to fight Salka ruins the integrity of the sport, I don't know what to tell you.

Kovalev has nothing to do with this. I mentioned him because you keep bringing him up

Comment

Damn Danny done stole the crown for most hated on this site

Comment

Correction Garcia got Paid $700K not $600K.

http://www.15minutenews.com/article/...k-santana-75k/

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            I don't hate Danny.

But there are some people comparing Kovalev-Caparello to Salka-Garcia and its simply not comparable.

Plus I have to defend my hero.

Comment

There is a big problem when all the fighters in your division are managed by Al Haymon and promoted by GB and yet they are ducking each other and fighting no-hopers. I don't think I've seen a preceden, that's a first and it's ruining the integrity of the sport.

Comment

Just for the record Garcia got paid $700K for this fight and not $600K.

@LaceUpBoxing
                Follow
                Danny Garcia got paid $700,000 for fighting a sparring partner! Let that sink in...........
                8:28 AM - 10 Aug 2014

Comment

Why are grown ass men so worried about what another grown ass man makes??

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    It seems like it. For people to hate the fight they are sure talking a lot about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X