Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you say Crawford's rise is meteoric?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you say Crawford's rise is meteoric?

Was just thinking.... it was a little over a year ago he came in as a late replacement to fight Prescott and everything was just up hill from there.

Little over a year and he's headlining his own card in his hometown, bringing in 10k+ people and almost peaking at 1.3M in viewers.

An article they made last year when he fought Prescott

http://ring tv.craveonline.com/news/178015-crawford-eager-to-shine-as-late-replacement

A lot of guys who've been with Arum longer and in the spotlight longer haven't gone up as fast as him.

He beat the best feather weight in the world. It was impressive but lets see him fights some legit contenders at 140. He wont be able to fight Garcia though because he's not over the 75th or worse rated light weight.

Comment

He still has a lot to prove, but he really got flew onto the stage.

If he's moving up to 140, he has some decent options.... I hope he starts off good though....would love to see a fight with Algeri... but heard Provo invoking his rematch clause... and there's no big bro to stop him

Comment

I want to see Postol Crawford next. 50/50 fight IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          I want to see Postol Crawford next. 50/50 fight IMO
          That is a fight i'd like to see.
          That's a challenge... if I remember him... high punch output, good jab and good skillset. That Aydin KO was just wearing him down I think

Comment

He beat damn near everybody in the amateurs including mikey Garcia who recommended him to Cameron Dunkin who got him signed to top rank

Comment

He should fight Vazquez for the lineal lightweight championship.

Comment

Not as meteoric as Rob Salsa's is going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  He should fight Vazquez for the lineal lightweight championship.
                  Most likely moving up..... Plus his signing with haymon doesn't help.
                  If he could still make lw and there wasn't stupid beef, another fight if like to watch.

Lundy would be a decent intro fight to the division.
                  Postol would be better

Comment

It was done THE WAY IT SHOULD BE DONE! Taking advantage of the opportunity when it is presented to you and fighting his way to the Top at 135 instead of talking his way to it or instead of having a Promoter or Manager hype him up, give him the #1 Spot then try to protect his undefeated record with **** opponents. That CHEAP way to the top is very common in boxing with guys like, Broner, Canelo just to name a few basically being GIVEN TOP SPOTS without ever earning anything and both end up getting exposed in the biggest fights of their careers so far. Does not mean they are no longer good, you just understand before their losses why their promoters and managers was matching them up very carefully.

Crawford is the total opposite, nothing is being given to him, he is earning everything and every hype he is getting right now. Traveled to fight Burns, stepped up and took on Gamboa when others did not want to fight him. All these experiences still so early in his career will be KEY.
                    Last edited by sicko; 07-02-2014, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X