Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I'm not going out there to take any punishment" - Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for a sport where courage is applauded, to hear that its biggest star 'isn't into taking punishment' is kinda disheartening

Comment

Originally posted by Master Pimpin View Post
      Mayweather makes something that is very complicated and hard to do, look easy; not getting hit cleanly and at all.
      By fighting weaker opponents that he can exploit.

That's not commendable.

That's a coward.

Comment

He literally wants to perfect "i hit you make you miss" and do it literally all the time and not get hit it annoys him getting hit but he wants to hit the other guy if any boxer could they would do so. Floyd is a warrior willing to take punishment coming forward said no one ever.
        Last edited by DannYankee; 06-24-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I was given an interview from Rigo and he kinda says the same thing but doesn't sound this cowardly.

Actually, Rigo simply said, boxing is about hitting and not getting hit. These guys just go out there to brawl. I can do that too but that's not boxing. He also says if the KO comes then it comes.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
            Mayweather is a lot of things. But he ain't exciting. That **** ain't exciting, brother.
            Then why is everyone attracted to everything he says, watch every fight hes in and why is he the biggest draw in the sport right now? If he was as boring as you claim, people wouldn't watch him, they watch him because they are in awe of his boxing ability, the ability he has and the skills he shows in itself is exciting.

Nobody should expect him to just take punishment just to please people sitting on their arse and watching the fight, they're not taking the punches... the whole point of Boxing is to hit and NOT get his, Floyd illustrates that perfectly, if you don't like that then you should probably watch a different sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
              Duran, Leonard, Hearns, Holyfield, Tyson.

These guys were "not cool". They shouldn't have taken punishment. They should have refused it.

They should have treated us to more "sweet science" pieces of "art" like the Guerrero fight.
              The Guerrero fight was boring.. I got too drunk at the fight to watch it in full and couldn't get past the 8th round at home... But that's the Guerrero fight... An elite vs a what? Idk even know what I would consider Guerrero, he's not elite that's for sure... It was an unofficial exhibition match... But c'mon Cotto, Mosley, Marquez... At least they tried and had their moments, wtf did Guerrero do? Yeah Mayweathers fights could be more exciting for the casuals, but for what? So a hater can just turn around and say "Well, he may not have won, but he put a beating on him... Nobody's ever busted Mayweather's nose before"

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                Then why is everyone attracted to everything he says, watch every fight hes in and why is he the biggest draw in the sport right now? If he was as boring as you claim, people wouldn't watch him, they watch him because they are in awe of his boxing ability, the ability he has and the skills he shows in itself is exciting.

Nobody should expect him to just take punishment just to please people sitting on their arse and watching the fight, they're not taking the punches... the whole point of Boxing is to hit and NOT get his, Floyd illustrates that perfectly, if you don't like that then you should probably watch a different sport.

because he's fun to hate on and people watch to see him lose...

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Hayden View Post
                  By fighting weaker opponents that he can exploit.

That's not commendable.

That's a coward.
                  Well Canelo was the most desired opponent, and hes fighting him... so why are you complaining?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    for a sport where courage is applauded, to hear that its biggest star 'isn't into taking punishment' is kinda disheartening
                    This articulated perfectly my problem with his comments. Think of all the amazing fights this sport has given us. None of those could have come from someone who refuses to take punishment. Do people not realise that this punishment is where so much of the drama and intrigue and character has come from.

Comment

Oddly enough, he took some shots against Cotto, DLH, Castillo, Augustus, Chavez, Mosley, Corley, and Judah so it's not like he hasn't been hit. Who goes out trying to get hit anyways?

Comment

Working...
                      X