No announcement yet.

PAC will always win unless JMM takes more risks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC will always win unless JMM takes more risks

jmm is, or one of this era's best counterpunchers. against other opponents, ex. barrera and diaz, he's a little more offensive. with pac, he's too cautious and afraid to mix it up. sure he'll score while on the defensive, he's an elite fighter but against a very offensive minded fighter, you gotta mix it up a lot too to win rounds. unfortunately for him a lot of judges like and score aggression and what he did the last few rounds cost him the fight.

if they fight 10x more, i think he'll still lose more than win unless he takes more risks.

Firstly, he fought the perfect fight. People forget he is prone to flash knockdowns and is fighting against a heavy hitter. Secondly, he doesn’t need to take any more risk since he fighting a fight which suits his style, why would he leave his comfort zone. Finally, JMM won the last round and arguably round 11 as well. He didn’t leave it late at all,

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless* View Post
      Firstly, he fought the perfect fight. People forget he is prone to flash knockdowns and is fighting against a heavy hitter. Secondly, he doesn’t need to take any more risk since he fighting a fight which suits his style, why would he leave his comfort zone. Finally, JMM won the last round and arguably round 11 as well. He didn’t leave it late at all,
      you're in the minority even for those who had it for jmm or a draw if you thought jmm took the last couple of rounds.

Comment

I feel that he did risk as he would come in and throw combos to the body and head. BUT he fought smarter than his previous fights

Comment

Originally posted by VaginaPuncher View Post
          I feel that he did risk as he would come in and throw combos to the body and head. BUT he fought smarter than his previous fights
          where was the 'i wont leave it to the judges again' mentality he had coming into the fight? he knew he had to do more than just counterpunch the whole night to get a clear win. he shouldve learned from the first two fights that most judges like and score aggression.

and i know punchstats is not the be all end all but its one way of having an idea how the fight went and basing from it, he didnt put enough work he shouldve put in to win a clearcut decision.

pac wasnt great that night and jmm shouldve take full advantage but instead coasted towards the end.

Comment

Pacquiao was one step ahead of him at almost every corner. The challenger always has to do more than the champion. Marquez did enough to make fans happy, but not enough to win the fight.

Comment

in the 3rd fight, his inactivity and low punch output are what made him lose many rounds....

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                jmm is, or one of this era's best counterpunchers. against other opponents, ex. barrera and diaz, he's a little more offensive. with pac, he's too cautious and afraid to mix it up. sure he'll score while on the defensive, he's an elite fighter but against a very offensive minded fighter, you gotta mix it up a lot too to win rounds. unfortunately for him a lot of judges like and score aggression and what he did the last few rounds cost him the fight.

if they fight 10x more, i think he'll still lose more than win unless he takes more risks.
                I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one that fights defensively against pac can beat him. pac's aggression and punch output will always carry the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post

agree with everything you said and ill add on. most fans want to see an action fight not a boring defensive tactical fight sorry its the truth. even though marquez hit pacquiao with the more noticeable shots pacquiao did hit marquez slightly more often not as noticeable but the difference is that in close rounds judges will favor the aggressor. its the way judges are judging close rounds now there trying to make boxers fight more often to give the fans what they want
                  Last edited by latinbrawler316; 11-14-2011, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Marquez should never cry out robbery again. He chased PAC for years trying to get a rematch, even going half way around the world to the Philippine to taunt PAC. If that wasn't enough he even made some t-shirt that said he beats PAC twice. He said that if given another chance he would die in the ring and not leave it to the judges. So when given the chance to redeem himself what does he do....back peddle all night trying to counter his way to a victory. Dude here's your chance and all you're going to do is try to counter his azz. Don't leave it to the the judges and jump in there and take his head off win or lose.
                    Last edited by ModernTalking; 11-14-2011, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X