Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or false you cant throw an over hand right CROSS on someone much taller than you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True or false you cant throw an over hand right CROSS on someone much taller than you

The overhand cross has to go up and come down onto the target and if they are too much taller than you you cant lift the elbow high enough to arc it down so it just becomes a normal cross fired upwards.

The overhand hook is a different story that's perfect for taller guys but not the overhand cross?

Am I right?

My fighter was sparring his brother one time who's much taller than he is and my fighter caught him with a overhand right and bust his nose,it ran like a tap.

Comment

It's not something I would do, but it sure as heck doesn't mean you can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDM0W...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        It's not something I would do, but it sure as heck doesn't mean you can't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDM0W...e_gdata_player
        That was an overhand hook, not an overhand cross, but thanks anyway it looks like you can if all these guys are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'
          False....... Rockin'
          Thanks Rocking and thanks for your other answers, how is it so, how can you get a downward arc do you just start curving it really early on?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'
            False....... Rockin'
            Thanks Rocking and thanks for your other answers, how is it so, how can you get a downward arc do you just start curving it really early on?

It never really gets a chance to come down onto the target though if they are really tall it just curves on the way to their face and hits square on?

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT AN OVERHAND HOOK PEOPLE! IM TALKING AN OVERHAND CROSS!!

Comment

What makes it different from a cross is also the trajectory. Its an overhand right because its traditionally being thrown over an opponents jab. A right cross is thrown down the pipe from your cheek to his chin.

Can you post a video of the punch you mean?

What you're saying about having your elbow up in the air sounds like a Chuck Lidell style bomb. I've personally never seen it thrown that way in a boxing gym.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Not true....

You can hit a taller guy with the overhand right.... Just look at Cunningham vs fury..

It's actually a pretty common tactic

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
                  What makes it different from a cross is also the trajectory. Its an overhand right because its traditionally being thrown over an opponents jab. A right cross is thrown down the pipe from your cheek to his chin.

Can you post a video of the punch you mean?

What you're saying about having your elbow up in the air sounds like a Chuck Lidell style bomb. I've personally never seen it thrown that way in a boxing gym.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

kinda like this

1st one was an overhand right cross the 2nd was a straight right

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                    The overhand cross has to go up and come down onto the target and if they are too much taller than you you cant lift the elbow high enough to arc it down so it just becomes a normal cross fired upwards.

The overhand hook is a different story that's perfect for taller guys but not the overhand cross?

Am I right?
                    overhand hook is design to be thrown against taller opponents. So, false

Comment

Working...
                    X