No announcement yet.

Mother Jailed For Sending Kids To Better School

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother Jailed For Sending Kids To Better School

And so, the ongoing saga of class and racial wars continue.

Thats some ****ed up ****.

Is this a state or US law or something (district BS)

Surely parents should be allowed to send their children to which ever school they see fit. Unless of course its a full on stupid decision.

Comment

I read about this yesterday and I don't know man. I think the title is misleading. "Mother jailed for sending kids to better school", she didn't get jailed for that, she got jailed because she was doing it the illegal way.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
        I read about this yesterday and I don't know man. I think the title is misleading. "Mother jailed for sending kids to better school", she didn't get jailed for that, she got jailed because she was doing it the illegal way.
        Yeah she go sent down for fraud and non payment of tax.

Comment

I've just looked it up to get more particulars. Williams-Bolar lied on documents to defraud the district of Copley-Fairlawn out of the $30,000 tuition she would otherwise have to pay to send her kids to that school. The school is funded by taxes paid by residents of that location while she lives and pays taxes in Akron. In public housing.

It's a misrepresentation to claim she was penalised for sending her kids to a better school. She was penalised for attempting to defraud a district. Now I think that jail time is probably disproportionate and the fact that she will probably lose her job is not going to do anything for anyone, but that's a fault of the US justice system and not of the verdict itself.

Comment

Stupid shit like this is what is preventing my daughter from receiving a decent education.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
              Thats some ****ed up ****.

Is this a state or US law or something (district BS)

Surely parents should be allowed to send their children to which ever school they see fit. Unless of course its a full on stupid decision.
              They just don't want their kind there. I mean, who hires a ****ing private investigator?
              Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
              That's what the title of the video is...

She got jailed over some bull**** really. She lives in whatever ghetto where she can afford, she tried to get her kids a better education at a better school, she got found out, and they put her and her kids back in her place.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                I've just looked it up to get more particulars. Williams-Bolar lied on documents to defraud the district of Copley-Fairlawn out of the $30,000 tuition she would otherwise have to pay to send her kids to that school. The school is funded by taxes paid by residents of that location while she lives and pays taxes in Akron. In public housing.

It's a misrepresentation to claim she was penalised for sending her kids to a better school. She was penalised for attempting to defraud a district. Now I think that jail time is probably disproportionate and the fact that she will probably lose her job is not going to do anything for anyone, but that's a fault of the US justice system and not of the verdict itself.
                The fraud took place after they were profiled and had the private investigator sent after them to acquire evidence.

Assuming it's a public school (since I've never heard of private schools being separated by district), how is there a 30K tuition, if it's public? I was under the assumption that public school is paid by state and local taxpayers, so there is no such 30K tuition for each child.

Comment

She lied and attempted to send her kid to a school that she wasnt zoned to

I know plenty of people that have done the same

Its a better school yea, but she is taking the spot of someone that legally deserves to be there

Dont make her out to be some sort of saint. Theres ways to get your kid into a good school, legal ways

Comment

Step 1: Read incendiary article title.
                    Step 2: Take at face value.
                    Step 3: Become incensed.

Comment

Working...
                    X