**the official 49ers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opponents only/No schedule

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
    sweet it's on!! so do you know if the 13/14 schedule is out already?? can't find it no where......
    Season: 2013

San Francisco 49ers Opponent

Home: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Houston, Indianapolis,
    Green Bay

Away: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville,Tennessee, Washington

Easy pickings considering you're a Super Bowl runner up ???

We got the AFC West and the usual suspects.

Pretty sure our paths will cross come playoff time.
    Last edited by BERNIE'S CORNER; 02-08-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
      Season: 2013

San Francisco 49ers Opponent

Home: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, Atlanta, Carolina, Houston, Indianapolis,
      Green Bay

Away: Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville,Tennessee, Washington

Easy pickings considering you're a Super Bowl runner up ???

We got the AFC West and the usual suspects.

Pretty sure our paths will cross come playoff time.
      damn it I heard we played the cowb*tches next year......guess not

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89...-chiefs-source

The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, league sources confirmed to ESPN.

Smith vs. Chiefs' QBs
        Alex Smith's body of work the past two seasons far surpasses the production of the four players who have seen action for the Chiefs at the position during that time span.

Category Smith Chiefs QBs*
        W-L 19-5-1 9-23
        Comp pct. 64.3 57.7
        TD-Int. 30-10 21-38
        Yards per att. 7.4 6.4
        *Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Tyler Palko

-- ESPN Stats & Information
        Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft -- the second selection (No. 34 overall) in the round -- as well as another conditional mid-round pick in 2014 to acquire Smith from San Francisco, a league source told ESPN.

The 49ers now own 11 picks in the 2013 draft.

As a result of the trade, the Chiefs are expected to release former starting quarterback Matt Cassel, league sources told ESPN. Cassel has two years remaining on a $63 million, six-year deal he signed with Kansas City after he was acquired in a trade from the Patriots in 2009. He failed to live up to the lofty contract, however, and was benched during the 2012 season.

At this point, Smith will play under the terms of his remaining contract, which calls for a guaranteed base salary of $8.5 million in 2013. There have been no discussions between the Chiefs and Smith's representatives about negotiating a new contract.

49ers left tackle Joe Staley, one of Smith's closest friends on the team, said in a text to ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder that he was happy the quarterback will get a chance to play with his trade to Kansas City.

"I am happy he is going to get a shot to play somewhere. He is too talented not to. Will miss him on our squad but will still be close wherever he goes. Happy for his new opportunity," he wrote in the text.

More on Chiefs' Trade for Smith
        The 49ers have agreed to trade Alex Smith to the Chiefs. Will Smith lead the Chiefs back to the playoffs?
        • Cast your votes!

• NFL Nation: Bloggers' analysis
        • Rumors: 49ers to package picks?
        • Rumors: New K.C. plan for No. 1?

49ers tight end Vernon Davis, who developed a great on-field chemistry with Smith in the team's passing game, also wished the quarterback the best with his new team in another text to Werder.

He wrote: "I will miss him dearly and wish him the best as he starts something new. I'm sure everything will work in his favor. He is definitely a great player who I strongly believe had a big impact on my career. Love you Alex!"

The trade can't be officially completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins.

The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports.

Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.

Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.

SVP & Russillo

Scott Van Pelt and Ryen Russillo weigh in on the Chiefs acquiring Alex Smith from the 49ers and debate if Smith is good enough to help Kansas City improve.

More Podcasts »
        He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.

The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.

The Chiefs hired Andy Reid as their new coach this offseason after a 2-14 season that led to the dismissals of coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli but earned Kansas City the No. 1 overall pick.

Information from ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insiders Adam Schefter and Ed Werder and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Comment

• Randy Moss won't be back with the 49ers in 2013

San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh said in mid-January that he "definitely" wanted Randy Moss to return to the 49ers for the 2013 season. However, it appears a few things have changed over the past six weeks. A league source told ProFootballTalk that the 49ers plan to "steer clear of Moss in 2013."Moss then sent out a tweet on Saturday evening that seemingly confirmed he won't be back with the 49ers next season.

(read more)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...-49ers-in-2013

Comment

• Harbaugh is a dickhead. Smith got screwed and now he's gonna be on the worst team in the league.

I'm glad the 9ers lost just because of Jimbo. I'd laugh hysterically if Habib turned out to be a huge bust next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Harbaugh is a dickhead. Smith got screwed and now he's gonna be on the worst team in the league.

I'm glad the 9ers lost just because of Jimbo.
              I have mix feelings on this whole situation

Comment

Harbaugh is a dickhead. Smith got screwed and now he's gonna be on the worst team in the league.

I'm glad the 9ers lost just because of Jimbo. I'd laugh hysterically if Habib turned out to be a huge bust next year
                No mames deja de decir pendejadas guey........Google translate that kiiiiiiid!! ahahhaha

Comment

WTF? He had to make a decision and he did. Whether it was the right move or not, we will never know but he ain't a pussy like some coaches who would play two QB each half to please them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
                    WTF? He had to make a decision and he did. Whether it was the right move or not, we will never know but he ain't a pussy like some coaches who would play two QB each half to please them.
                    We do know.....Kap>Smith 10x10

Comment

• Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                      We do know.....Kap>Smith 10x10
                      Yeah I know.......I'm just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                      X