Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the beliefs of "Evolution" and "Aliens" go hand in hand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemisis View Post
    but shouldn't you believe in the likelyhood of other intelligent beings whether they are gray/green/pink polka dot/etc because of evolution being possible on Earth. How many other of the millions of solar systems could have similar planets like Earth. It just seems to me at least that the 2 should go hand in hand. I doubt Earth is the only place in the universe where "Evolution" is possible.
    Well whenever there is some sort of molecule that makes copies of itself in which the copies have error evolution is inevitable. So yes assuming that the conditions were there for self replicating molecules to develop in the first place then you would certainly expect at least some degree of increase in complexity if there is competition for finite resources.

The fascinating possibility is that extra terrestrial life could be made up of not carbon based molecules but of some other type of molecule and the word "alien" will apply in every sense.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Well whenever there is some sort of molecule that makes copies of itself in which the copies have error evolution is inevitable. So yes assuming that the conditions were there for self replicating molecules to develop in the first place then you would certainly expect at least some degree of increase in complexity if there is competition for finite resources.

The fascinating possibility is that extra terrestrial life could be made up of not carbon based molecules but of some other type of molecule and the word "alien" will apply in every sense.
      so squealpiggy believes in aliens too??? hmmm why am i not surprised....let me guess, you've had your fair share of UFO sightings aswell i imagine??? you sure it wasn't a flying pig???

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
        so squealpiggy believes in aliens too??? hmmm why am i not surprised....let me guess, you've had your fair share of UFO sightings aswell i imagine??? you sure it wasn't a flying pig???
        I think it plausible that there is life on other planets. I think it's highly implausible that they visit earth, and it's no coincidence that "alien visitation" stories have so much in common with "demon visitation" stories of yesteryear.

Comment

there was a show that said aliens are our future relatives, but i think it's just the japenese with some new military technology

Comment

Originally posted by tehMatrix View Post
            there was a show that said aliens are our future relatives, but i think it's just the japenese with some new military technology
            Or it could be night time hallucinations of deeply credulous people...

Comment

One only has to look at the sheer size of the Universe, to understand the probability of extra-terrestrial life.

For any doubters out there... watch this video to put it in perspective:

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                I think it plausible that there is life on other planets. I think it's highly implausible that they visit earth, and it's no coincidence that "alien visitation" stories have so much in common with "demon visitation" stories of yesteryear.
                do you think there are lifeforms who are far more advanced then our human species that have developed spaceships which can travel at speeds which will allow them to visit neighbouring solar systems???? surely if its plausible that there are other life forms somewhere in this universe, that they will make our civilization look primitive??? or can we be the most advanced????

Comment

do you think there are lifeforms who are far more advanced then our human species that have developed spaceships which can travel at speeds which will allow them to visit neighbouring solar systems???? surely if its plausible that there are other life forms somewhere in this universe, that they will make our civilization look primitive??? or can we be the most advanced????
                  go think it yourself idiot.

Comment

It's possible of course. I wouldn't like to venture a guess as to how plausible it is until we can at least determine how likely life is.

You have to remember that the age of our earth (~4.5 billion yrs) is about half that of our universe (~11 billion) so you cannot automatically preclude the development of life forms with more advanced technology than our own, but at this stage there is no reason for thinking so outside of the wishful thinking of science fiction stories.

Comment

HAHHAHAH....Witch_King is still mad????oh poor baby....i think i traumatized him for life after i owned him soo hard.....keep crying you little worm, i ain't even thought about your punk ass

Comment

Working...
                      X