Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Grabs WBO Gold, Ends Vargas' Streak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the fight. Bradley fought his @ss off and was winning pretty clearly but got complacent and nearly gave it away in the last half minute or 45 seconds or something.

For the record, imo there was very little chance of any different outcome had the ref not screwed the pooch on the final bell and Vargas had the last 6 or 7 seconds to keep working.

Timmeh was going nowhere.

The scores were reasonable, both men conducted themselves well in post fight interviews and I'm looking forward to the rematch.

War Desert Storm!

Comment

Bradley was hurt but he was not out and there were only a few seconds left, I don't think he would've been knocked out. I loved how Vargas celebrated like he won the lottery. Dude knew he was losing the fight and thought he stole victory. Running around jumping up and down that was a bit much. Bradley easily won the fight and the right decision was made. If Vargas wants to celebrate like that maybe he should've came forward letting his hands go more rather than throw a couple jabs at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
        and still lose because bradley will be ready for that.
        I don’t know man; Vargas is young with solid skills and we can only expect him
        to have learned from this.
        Whereas Bradly is only getting older and although he clearly won he looked a bit sloppy to me.

Comment

Similar to Porter-Broner. Bradley clearly won the fight.

I gotta say.. He's not what he used to be. Retire now before it gets ugly. He should STOP going for a KO. Box!

Please NO REMATCH. Please GOD.
          Give me a Chaves rematch if you want to give me a rematch.

I wanna see Bradley-Bundrage or Bradley-Brook. Mayweather-Bradley would had been good a year or two ago, but it'd still be interesting to watch today.

Vargas has talent but doesn't use it wisely. Fight Providnikov, Chaves, or Abregu next.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            StubHub Center, Carson, California - Former two division world champion Timothy Bradley (32-1-1, 12KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over previously undefeated Jessie Vargas (26-1, 9KOs) to win the interim-WBO welterweight title. The scores were 116-112, 117-111 and 115-112.

The early rounds were close. Bradley was taking the fight to Vargas and loading up real big on his punches. He was catching Vargas with some very telling punches when they got up close.

Vargas was throwing a decent jab with not much coming along with that jab. Bradley was outworking Vargas in spot after spot, pushing the tempo and throwing a lot of shots.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            We can't forget about Kendall Holt. Holt was the first guy to damage Bradley's chin in rounds 1&12 but couldn't finish Timmy. I'm sorry but this fight doesn't warrant a rematch as Vargas choose to allow Bradley to dictate the pace and press the action.

Vargas is young but doesn't fight hungry probably due to his stamina but in a rematch Bradley will box smart and win an unflattering decision so he should drop the belt and look for more meaningful fights. Maybe Bradley vs Algieri or Bradley vs Rios since he's w/Top Rank

Comment

I did not watch the fight but I know the type of fighter Bradley is. Therefore, Bradley needs to start boxing and stop trying to knock out his foes moreover he needs to change his corner because instead of let him do whatever he wants to do in the fight the corner should guide him from perspectives during the fight. Bradley is a good fighter not an elite but complete fighter he just need a better corner to stopping him when he gets out of control in the ring.

Comment

Vargas was not going to finish Tim off in those last 7 seconds.

Comment

116-112 (8-4 in rounds) seemed ok...Russell made a mistake but he's not young...mayb it's his time...he should have got. the exec position instead of inexperienced Andy Foster...

Comment

Good win for Tim. Clearly won 8-9 Rounds.

HBOs commentary was embarrassing to put it nicely. Lampmey , Kellerman & Ward to some extent should be ashamed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      Tim was hurt for 15 seconds lol...that's nothing? But what Mayweather and Lara do deserves 10-9 rounds? Pot shotting and hitting gloves and running? lol...

typical newb :*******:
                      The newbie here is you. We don't even regard you as a troll - rather a ******ed fan of... Well, something.

And thank you for showing us (again and again), that you absolutely don't know jack shiet about how the scoring system works in boxing. Or what boxing is for that matter.

I'll give you a hint on the scoring though: "10-point must system". Read about it. Take your time.

Comment

Working...
                      X