Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone notice how c0cky Kovalev is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, like he said he basically is unwinding and releasing during a fight. A lot of boxers are really meek outside the ring and Kovalev seems a pretty quiet guy. The ring just brings it out of him. I doubt he does it on purpose its likely just how amped he is and how badly he wants to win, not only for himsel but apparently for the people close to him (according to him). He's the kind of dude who'd murder you if it wasnt for the ref bein there to keep him off you while you're down. Gotta love it. It doesn't come off as showboating just a plain old mean streak.

Comment

Didn't Kovalev killed a guy in the ring before!!!! He and Ishmael had a problem with each other outside of the ring!!! I real don't care about a fighters attitude good or bad just put on a good showing in the ring win or lose!!!

Comment

It really takes a strong person mentality to keep boxing especially after killing another boxer, Kovalev is a straight up beast.

Comment

Comment

he's a top flight pro boxer with knockout power. they're all ****y, man. even if they don't show it in their interviews, they have complete confidence in their abilities.

that's how the mind of a great athlete works. you can't be better than everybody else without first believing that you're better.

normal people call it ****y. it's just confidence.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as he stays classy after the fight. Nothing wrong with stating the obvious before and during the fight (I'm going feck you up!).

When the match is decided, shakes hands and go home to the family and enjoy life.

Comment

Kovalev is a mean dude. For me personally, you can do all the showboating in the world before a fight and in the fight, but standing over a guy you just devastatingly knocked out and shouting at his unconscious body is a bit much

That's just me though, classy in triumph, classy in defeat.

Comment

It's great IMO

Was hilarious when he said up yours to the crowd after the Cleverly fight

Comment

the fight won't ever happen but I would be interested in a Hopkins vs. Kovalev fight. I think Kovalev is the real deal but Hopkins is that last eye ball test that I need for Kovalev. Hopkins does well vs guys that come at him.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      He's brash, cocky, and full of bravado. It's refreshing to see a guy like him not be so polite and almost robotic. I think the American public could really take a liking to this guy if he keeps KO'ing opponents and creating a villain persona.
                      I'm not even a fan of Broner but when he does it, everyone hates him when he's "brash, c0cky and full of Bravado". Double standard like a MF.

Comment

Working...
                      X