Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which body type do you have? Ectomorph, Mesomorph, or Endomorph??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 5 foot 10 and 195/200 lbs.

I have big shoulders, neck, back and thighs.
    I have a tummy and not a built chest (Soft 40 inch) or good stance.
    I have skinny forearms and wrists.
    My fingers are kind of skinny. Palms large but fingers small for palms.
    My feet are average.
    My head is huge, the distance between my pupils are 67MM, measure yours.

What am I?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      5'9"

no serious weight lifting in 3 + years.

and besides, not all weight lifting will lead to gains in mass. if you keep your reps high, eat light, and run a lot, you'll lose weight.

some people on the internet will tell you that they're big when you ask, and they aren't all going to be lying. my picture is in the "show us your pic" thread.

now, admittedly, my ass isn't in the pic, and that's the source of all of my power.
      I know a lot of them won't all be lying but that body type is rare to have. Before I knew the word for it, I had to explain all the time about how I don't lift and people would give me that bullshyt look. Haha. They didn't think it was possible to have. I can't even imagine what Herschel Walker went through.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post

My feet are average.

What am I?

british. tech savvy. a boxing guru regular. a british boxing realist, recognizing a feather fisted domestic for what he is.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post

My feet are average.

What am I?
          I'd say mesomorph

Comment

Most people probably are mesomorphs by nature aren't they? Those 'types' are a bit too definitive anyway, most of the features are on a continuum where it wouldn't be that easy to tell where one 'type' stops and the other type begins.

Also, couldn't most of those endomorph features equally apply to a mesomorph that was overweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Verstyle View Post
              I'd say mesomorph
              Is this scientific that most are like this or what? I think I am mixed for sure.

There was another thing, I am heavier than I look. Are Meso's bones heavy?

Originally posted by New England View Post
              british. tech savvy. a boxing guru regular. a british boxing realist, recognizing a feather fisted domestic for what he is.
              Who needs to know what you are New England, you're an Alpha, that's what you are.

Comment

A better breakdown.

Ectomorph

Ectomorph's are characterizes by slim, 'delicate' frames. They have little body fat, they are thin and don't usually have broad shoulders. An ectomorph usually has a high metabolism which makes it extremely hard to put on any weight. In order to gain muscle mass, an ectomorph will need to consume high calories, high protein and implement a workout that uses a lot of heavy weights and low reps. Simply eating a lot won't guarantee you put on weight, but if you turn those calories into muscle mass, you can start to see the gains over time. Ectomorphs can usually get some excellent muscle definition because of their low body fat and slender frame. Although cardio should not be a staple in the ectomorph's routine, doing 10 minutes of cardio every day is recommended. Supplements are highly recommended with ectomorphs to ensure that they are getting and and using all possible nutrients.

Endomorph

Endomorphs are typically known to have high body fat content. They gain weight very easily and can find it very difficult to get rid of it. Their bodies are soft and round with sometimes a 'stocky' quality. Although they gain fat very easily, they usually also find it easy to gain muscle mass as well. In order to look their best, an endomorph must build the muscle with a strict weight routine as well as an intense cardio routine. Even though you may have muscle, it will not show if you have body fat covering it. Supplements are not usually required, so long as you are getting all the protein that you need in your diet.

Mesomorph

A mesomorph is the body type that is most responsive to weight training. They are already athletically built. They have broad shoulders, a rectangular shaped body and they gain and lose weight extremely easily. This body type is the perfect type for those interested in weight training, as they will see results fast. While they do not gain weight as fast as endomorphs, they do gain it faster than ectomorphs, so they need to be careful about their food intake. A regiment that balances weight training and cardio would be best for mesomorphs.

To get the best results, you need to pay attention to the things your body is telling you and respond accordingly. Whether you are an endomorph, ectomorph or mesomorph, if you pay attention, you can see gains. A method which will work disregard your body type is the method described in The Truth about six-pack abs, which is written by Mike Geary which is a widely known personal trainer and has sold over hundreds of thousands books. It's definitely worth checking out.

Comment

A mix but mostly meso.

Comment

mesomorph for definite

Comment

I'm a chavomorph.

Built on Stella Artois, Cider, fish & chips and battered mars bars

Comment

Working...
                      X