Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Marquez used Pacquiao's tactics and came in at 140-142lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez can weigh a minimum of 141 and a max of 144. Otherwise it would not be a welterweight fight. 136 thru 140 would be considered junior welterweight. I think JMM will be weighing at 141 or 142 in order to keep his speed and stay light on his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
      Pacquiao's streak of "greatness" is only exaggerated due to the quality of opponents he's been facing.
      Ok fine then. If that's the case why the hollow weight demand? At 144 Jmm can weigh in at whatever he wants, he's free to cut weight or not cut weight. Pac has the same advantage. Having said that why did jmm and his team ***** and moan about the fight not happening at a lower weight? What is the purpose of having the fight at a lower weight unless ur trying to drain ur opponent?

Jmm couldn't beat pac back when he was in his prime, and at his prime weight. He couldn't get the victory then, he's not getting it now. All this nonsense about pacs run being against low quality opponents is a lot of hot air. Name one guy at 147 not named floyd you would have rather seen pac fight instead of the "bums" he beat down....Berto? I mean who else was out there? The only fight pac had that should have never happened was mosley, the rest of them were all top guys at 147. Who was he supposed to fight that he didn't fight?

Comment

Originally posted by jdigital1601 View Post
        Marquez can weigh a minimum of 141 and a max of 144. Otherwise it would not be a welterweight fight. 136 thru 140 would be considered junior welterweight. I think JMM will be weighing at 141 or 142 in order to keep his speed and stay light on his feet.
        Unless it's stipulated on the contract, there's no such thing. Remember Pacquiao's weight for a 154lb belt was 144.

Comment

If he doesn't weigh enough he'll be in big trouble once a Pacquiao weighing in at 144 starts hitting him. He's screwed no matter what he weighs.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            He can come in at 138 if he wants, don't think it'll make a difference truthfully. I don't see JMM winning this fight now.
            co sign.. marquez doesnt have to come in at the limit of 144. he can come in at whatever weight he feels comfortable at, and its not like manny is going to outweigh marquez by 20lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              If he doesn't weigh enough he'll be in big trouble once a Pacquiao weighing in at 144 starts hitting him. He's screwed no matter what he weighs.
              not unless marquez can outwork manny.. just like pacman's pass few fights he never comes in at the weight limit, he comes in at the weight he feels comfortable at, even though his opponent is 20+lbs heavier, manny wins by out working his opponent, marquez can do the same although i dont see it happening but that doesnt mean it cant happen .

Comment

I didn't even think this was in question. I don't expect JMM to show up at the weigh in at 144.

Comment

marquez only weighed in 142 for the mayweather fight which was a catchweight 146.

so yeah dont expect marquez to come in at 144.
                  Last edited by Blubba; 06-03-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDaWg View Post
                    Ok fine then. If that's the case why the hollow weight demand? At 144 Jmm can weigh in at whatever he wants, he's free to cut weight or not cut weight. Pac has the same advantage. Having said that why did jmm and his team ***** and moan about the fight not happening at a lower weight? What is the purpose of having the fight at a lower weight unless ur trying to drain ur opponent?

Jmm couldn't beat pac back when he was in his prime, and at his prime weight. He couldn't get the victory then, he's not getting it now. All this nonsense about pacs run being against low quality opponents is a lot of hot air. Name one guy at 147 not named floyd you would have rather seen pac fight instead of the "bums" he beat down....Berto? I mean who else was out there? The only fight pac had that should have never happened was mosley, the rest of them were all top guys at 147. Who was he supposed to fight that he didn't fight?
                    I agree. I would like to see Pacman start taking on the fresh new up and comers after JMM. Mayweather has pretty much fought the same guys as Pacman and everybody talks about how great he is. Mayweather has fought a way less caliber of opponents. And the same guys they did fight Pacman blew right thru them. Give Pacman his DUES. Everybody gave Mayweather his dues when he looked ALOT less spectacular than Pacman when fighting the same guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeDaWg View Post
                      He can come in at 136 and no one would care. It's up to him. The weight isn't for jmm, he can weigh whatever he wants. The "weight demands" are for pacquiao. If pacquiao isn't forced to cut weight, and drain down he's gonna beat the living crap out of marquez.

That's why I have a problem with this fight. If u need one guy to cut weight just to make the fight competitive, maybe there shouldn't be a fight to begin with. If jmm comes in at 136, rehydrates to 145, and pac comes in at 144 and rehydrates to 148, they will both be 100%, and jmm will take a beating. That's the simple truth to it. Jmm has gotten older, pac has gotten better and stronger.
                      Jmm has beaten young beasts,pacquiao is fighting the top of the ww division from 99,the dude has iron mike hype and thats it,arum knows this so he will continue to fight old men and bums who wont fight back.Never once did i hear his stable mention ortiz you know why because he is a legit fight pacquiaos a fcking coward.

Comment

Working...
                      X