Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Martinez vs. Mikey Garcia in Doubt Over Terms?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Martinez vs. Mikey Garcia in Doubt Over Terms?

Roman 'Rocky' Martinez, champion of the WBO at 130-pounds, may be walking away from a planned fight with Mikey Garcia (32-0, 27 KO's), because the Puerto Rican champion is not happy with the terms being presented for the fight. Instead, he may choose to unify with Argenis Mendez (21-2, 11 KO's), the champion of the IBF, or defend his belt against Yuriorkis Gamboa (23-0, 16 KO's).

"Rocky wants to fight in Puerto Rico in late September or early October and Garcia is not the only option. People on behalf of Gamboa and Mendez have made approaches to fight Martinez and they are willing to fight in Puerto Rico," said a source with knowledge of the details.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought this bum said he was gunna beat mikey for lopez?

Comment

the terms that are potentially negating the fight are that garcia has to fight him in PR?

Comment

Sounds like he wants a ton of money to get his ass kick

Comment

If he get a better offer to fight Gamboa or Mendez, nothing wrong with that, he is the Champ and wants to fight in PR... Come and get it Mikey!!

Comment

this dude is a bum he lost his last fight to burgos and only got the decision cause they fought in puerto rico.i guess he wants the same deal with mikey if they fight in puerto rico but it wont matter cause he's getting KTFO if he fights mikey .

Comment

Smart move by rocky,,, he has limited potential so he must grab all the cash he can..

If unifying in Puerto rico vs mendez is an option then go for that...

It will only make rocky more money in a future garcia fight...
              A gamboa fight would be sweet as well..

Garcia doesnt have many lucrative options at 130, so the bargaining power is with rocky...

Comment

I don't blame Rocky, But he looks to be uncertain of his ability to whoop Mikey

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Smart move by rocky,,, he has limited potential so he must grab all the cash he can..

If unifying in Puerto rico vs mendez is an option then go for that...

It will only make rocky more money in a future garcia fight...
                  A gamboa fight would be sweet as well..

Garcia doesnt have many lucrative options at 130, so the bargaining power is with rocky...
                  Exactly how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                    this dude is a bum he lost his last fight to burgos and only got the decision cause they fought in puerto rico.i guess he wants the same deal with mikey if they fight in puerto rico but it wont matter cause he's getting KTFO if he fights mikey .
                    Not to mention the WBO likes to have a rican ref and a rican judge

They were gunna rob Salido on the cards before he got the TKO in the rematch vs Lopez

Comment

Working...
                    X