Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan, Lopez Falls Through on Weight: Maidana Steps In?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    IDK how much credit I could give Khan after beating Lopez, a guy who just took a beating @154 and now is being coerced into fighting at/near 140. Realistically, Khan is capable of beating Lopez @147, he's just flexing his political muscle.
    Actually he is trying to and failing to flex political muscle.

Pretty funny that a guy who has been knocked the **** out in his last serious fight thinks he can still dictate every term and force potential opponents into catch weight bouts.

Comment

to be serius

khan must beat matthysse n°1 at least to get a shot again for the tittle

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        personally, I would've liked to see Khan fight Lopez at 140 because we know the rematch with Danny is no more than one more showcase away....Khan could box Lopez ears off and would get props for it...Soto is solid but he's naturally a smaller dude...the speed and power of AK should chop him up early...Khan stopping him depends on if Khan is gun shy or not....if we know he gets hit with counters reguarly, then he must know as well....once Khan gets his armor upgraded...he's gonna be a SERIOUS problem for ANYBODY....the heart and talent is there
        I'm not entirely sure Khan can beat Soto. Amir Khan will still get hit & Soto does throw some of the shortest combination punches in the game. I think it's an even fight & will go either way. I think it should happen.

Lopez/Maidana is a bossing fight through & through.

Comment

Lopez-Maidana? sure sounds fun. battle of the Ortiz asswhoopers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            Actually he is trying to and failing to flex political muscle.

Pretty funny that a guy who has been knocked the **** out in his last serious fight thinks he can still dictate every term and force potential opponents into catch weight bouts.
            Khan is a huge attraction and money talks. There was just not enough money for these opponents.

Comment

I would've loved to see Lopez fight Khan but he's probably still trying to get rid of the love handles after he moved up to fight canelo, He'd have to really sacrifice himself to make 140 now. I think his next fight will be at 147.

Lopez/Maidana would be a terrific fight and it'll be 50/50 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Khan is a huge attraction and money talks. There was just not enough money for these opponents.
                I agree Khan is still the biggest attraction @ JWW but Lopez and Senchenko are way bigger names than Carlos Molina, who no one knew existed until Khan fought him. I give him a pass for that one though cause he was coming off a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  If he is such a huge attraction that brings in so much money why is it that he can't afford to fight in the UK without being on primetime US TV and getting the Showtime fee?

Senchenko and Lopez hardly demand the big money. If Khan won't pay them just imagine what kind of garbage he will end up fighting.

Comment

Squats for Boxing

My guidance to you from working encounter is to take the squat seriously and develop up as much durability and energy as you can in this work out. Observe how much more strong and nimble you become in the band.

Thanks.
                    viktorix.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                      If he is such a huge attraction that brings in so much money why is it that he can't afford to fight in the UK without being on primetime US TV and getting the Showtime fee?

Senchenko and Lopez hardly demand the big money. If Khan won't pay them just imagine what kind of garbage he will end up fighting.
                      As I understood the article, Khan has a slot on Showtime and there's little financial sense in dropping that slot.

I dont know what money Lopez demanded so please tell me.

Comment

Working...
                      X