Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shouldnt advancements in nutrition and sports science in general make our era better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shouldnt advancements in nutrition and sports science in general make our era better?

our era vs alltime greats. retort.

but when comparing you must imagine if they had the resourses we have now

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      but when comparing you must imagine if they had the resources we have now
      i see what you saying.

but...

Comment

even if you dont imagine that they ha the same rescources....

athleticisim is only a fraction of the make up of a boxer....

technical skills and the fighters mental toughness/will/heart the two most important things....

and the other eras were stronger in those areas in my opinion...
        Last edited by ghns1133; 08-08-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

but when comparing you must imagine if they had the resourses we have now
          but if they didn't have our resources (which they didn't) and faced off against our era of fighters...what do you think happens?

what all-time greats do you think could have competed successfully in our era without the resources?

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
            but if they didn't have our resources (which they didn't) and faced off against our era of fighters...what do you think happens?

what all-time greats do you think could have competed successfully in our era without the resources?
            So you want natural fighters to fight supped up fighters????

Comment

fact of the matter is oversight was more lax back then. there is no telling what these guys back in the day put in their bodies to get the edge over there opponents. even down to loading their gloves. these are things we will never know

Comment

you dont think fighters today are lazy, spoiled and have everything handed to them?

i believe fighters back in the day had the work ethic, stamina, heart and will that tower todays boxers. remember you get paid alot to fight a bum nowadays. fighters fought to even make end meats back in the day. they were forced to fight and to fight the best.

15 round fighters ill take anyday over todays fighters. i believe just more fit. todays boxers just probably eat heathly and avoid doing more work in the gym cause of resources.

Comment

Boxing is more about will than it is technical exellence, or conditioning. I think its generally believed boxers in past era's were tougher and hungrier than todays fighters. With fewer divisions, one champion per division, and the matches being longer and more brutal, it wouldnt be so easy for todays fighters to out box them.

U can be a great technical fighter, but if ur opponents will is stronger than ur in trouble. U see fighters who are in perfect condition quit in fights, or complain about butts and low blows. The fighter who wins is usually the guy who just wanted it more.

Comment

So you want natural fighters to fight supped up fighters????
                    is there any all-time great that could have competed?

Comment

Working...
                    X