Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Is Your Favourite Movie Director

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's strange only one person mentioned Spielberg.

He's behind some of my favorite films growing up before I got all serious with my film taste. Even then he does have Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List and Catch Me If You Can, which I think alone should get him a few mentions.

Comment

P.T Anderson, QT, Coen Brothers, Scorsese

Comment

Hitch****, Huston, Coppola...

Comment

As a teenager, the holy trinity for me was Kubrick, Scorsese & Lynch.

Through the years, there's been a lot of directors who've made movies I admire: Buñuel, Jodorowsky, Fellini, John Carpenter, Billy Wilder, Russ Meyer, Peckinpah, Sam Fuller, Polanski, Abel Ferrara, Herzog, etc. (Some of the obvious ones like Coppola, de Palma, Hitchc0ck....have already been mentioned.)

More recent would include: PT Anderson, Haneke, Lars Von Trier. I also like most of Robert Rodriguez stuff.

Comment

Some great directors being mentioned here guys, any love for Frank Darabont, he's only done a handful of movies in a career that spans roughly three decades but the movie's he has made have been excellent..

The Green Mile
            The Shawshank Redemption
            The Mist
            The Majestic - very underrated

Also, did a considerable amount of work on the first series of The Walking Dead

Comment

charlie chaplin is more known as a comedian but man, he was a very very good filmmaker... he doesn't rely much on spoken dialogue and mostly attacks that shortcoming with purely cinematic techniques to tell the story...

among the currently working directors, I really do admire cameron crowe, terrence mallick and though he isn't really noted as a director, I absolutely worship charlie kauffman...

animator satoshi kon is one of my faves too... even more so than hayao miyazaki...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                charlie chaplin is more known as a comedian but man, he was a very very good filmmaker... he doesn't rely much on spoken dialogue and mostly attacks that shortcoming with purely cinematic techniques to tell the story...
                'City Lights' remains a favorite of mine. Definitely my favorite Chaplin piece. A beautiful film from a guy I'd never expect it from.

Comment

Chan-wook Park, T. Malick, and Kubrick.

Comment

Working...
                  X