Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: There Will Be a New King, I'll Dethrone Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is clearly afraid of Triple G...that's why when asked he says Triple G should fight Ward...

Acting like Triple G hasn't been offering for years now to come down to 154 pffft

Danny lost in PR and got a gift, after that fight I knew Danny wasn't anything special.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      He wasn't able to beat Guerrero properly and he wants to "dethrone" Floyd...
      He beat Guererro easily.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        Floyd is clearly afraid of Triple G...that's why when asked he says Triple G should fight Ward...

Acting like Triple G hasn't been offering for years now to come down to 154 pffft

Danny lost in PR and got a gift, after that fight I knew Danny wasn't anything special.
        What exactly makes GGG deserving of the Floyd shot? Must be his wins over wade, Monroe, rubio, ishida, my Uber driver. OR, of course, let's not forget the whopping 97k PPV sells.

And speaking of questionable decisions: DLH got one vs Sturn. Pac has 3 vs marquez. Floyd vs Castillo, and the list goes on. After the fights, You knew these fighters werent anything special either, right?

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
          So we're going to ignored what he accomplished at 140? BOXING RESUME consists of your accomplishments in boxing as a whole, not a particular weight class.
          well we have weight classes for a reason so yea hes done nice work at 140 but at 147? no. i would rather see floyd fight proven guys then maybe guys. guys moving up in weight usually don't fair so well. also bradley has a better resume overall and at 147 so prety sure he's an active boxer.

Comment

Should have fought back when Garcia was hot before all.those gifts.......and Salka

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
              So we're going to ignored what he accomplished at 140? BOXING RESUME consists of your accomplishments in boxing as a whole, not a particular weight class.
              They like to do that. Garcia has close encounters with tough opponents and he's a bum who never fought anyone. Yet nearly every other fighter near his age has either already taken a decisive, clear loss and/or hasn't fought anywhere near the quality of opposition he has.

I don't know how good Garcia can be but right now he is underrated and being groomed smartly. A battle-tested, experienced, young champion with an extended amateur background. Is entering his physical prime. Is mentally strong. Garcia is a tough out for anybody and when the smoke clears, we may all be surprised at who's left standing at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                well we have weight classes for a reason so yea hes done nice work at 140 but at 147? no. i would rather see floyd fight proven guys then maybe guys. guys moving up in weight usually don't fair so well. also bradley has a better resume overall and at 147 so prety sure he's an active boxer.
                I disagree. I feel if you completely cleaned out your division then move up, you're a instant player in the new division. Your prior accomplishments can't go unnoticed. I love Bradley and his competitiveness, but by the same logic, who has Bradley beaten at 147? Provo, who again by the same logic, never fought above 140 prior to the fight. A shot Brandon Rios? Vargas is a nice victory, but he's not world class fighter. Even though paulie and Robert are passed their prime, they're still no pushover fights.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                  Should have fought back when Garcia was hot before all.those gifts.......and Salka
                  ...back when?

Danny has short reach, no jab and moves like an elephant...

... Floyd would beat him while laughing...

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                    As Mayweather would say.....EASY WORK!
                    Extremely easy work!

Comment

I think Mayweather should pass on this fight. If he were to come back, I think the only fighters worthy are GGG and Canelo @ 154. I think Canelo would vacate the belt for a rematch with Money $$$, especially for a fight in September! Even though Danny is undefeated, I would rather see Mayweather vs. Broner than Mayweather vs. Garcia. If I'm Garcia, my focus would be on fighting Broner ASAP!

Comment

Working...
                      X