No announcement yet.

HBO offering contracts to Eastern Euro fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO offering contracts to Eastern Euro fighters

I've always said they would be willing to do it as long as the fighters weren't boring. That's why GGG and now Kovalev are getting offers and why the Klitschkos were booted off the network.

There was nothing racist about it as some posters like Freedom used to claim. It's strictly about what brings in money and what's best for business.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I've always said they would be willing to do it as long as the fighters weren't boring. That's why GGG and now Kovalev are getting offers and why the Klitschkos were booted off the network.

There was nothing racist about it as some posters like Freedom used to claim. It's strictly about what brings in money and what's best for business.
    They're giving what people love to watch, brutal KO's

Comment

I would take GGG and Kovalev over ANYONE in their weight class. It would be no shock if they were 1-2 P4P in two years.

Comment

I like how Duva said that HBO told her they would have no discussion about a future contract until Kovalev went to Wales and showed them what he's got. And boy did he ever.

Comment

During the Greenburg years, these versions of GGG and Kovalev would have been ignored. HBO have to turn to these guys now the GBP stable has gone.

Comment

The Klits were only the first wave. The Eastern Bloc of Boxing is really arriving now. And Lomachenko is coming.

Comment

It was never racist, the only color they care about is green. However a boring Eastern Euro fighter wouldn't get on HBO but a boring US fighter would. Not complaining, but that's the way it is.

Comment

Exactly! No one cares about a one sided jab & grab snoozefest...

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  It was never racist, the only color they care about is green. However a boring Eastern Euro fighter wouldn't get on HBO but a boring US fighter would. Not complaining, but that's the way it is.
                  Exactly Oh and BTW you stole that line about HBO only caring about green from Jax Keller didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Maybe it has to do with it being an AMERICAN network... I don't see no yanks headlining a sauerland event on german tv...

Comment

Working...
                    X