Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner Canelo is gonna be like Ray Leonard Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is pretty big, but I can't see him fighting at 168, he's too short and his style doesn't seem effective enough to fight up there. So I don't see him going higher than 160, unless a new weight class between 160-168 is created.

At the rate Broner is growing, a fight between him and Canelo at 160 is doable, but Broner would have to pull a Floyd and come in well under the 160 limit, probably 155.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Lara, Broner, Bradley, Canelo, Trout, Garcia will be the best of 2011-2020. As far as 140-160 goes.

Andre Ward will rule 168-175 and will be Fighter of the Decade during that same time span.
      Too soon to call a fighter of the decade....

Comment

a 154 pound broner would be like a slow bull dog.
        He won't venture into that realm.

Comment

Gamboa will be great at 130-140.
          Did you miss his glaring flaws against a journeyman? Those apart from ring rust.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i'd love for that to be the case, but i tend to doubt it.

he looked like garbage on saturday. he's probably on the downside.
            Trust me, I get that vibe from people. I know what's going on in the forum with Gamboa. He didn't absolutely destroyed Farenas, so he's "not as good" as they all thought now. What I think is that Farenas is better than people think and Gamboa probably has an easier time with Farenas than the rest of Super Featherweights.

I mean let's say Gamboa is on the slide, do you really not see him absolutely dominating the SFW division? I mean THIS version of 130 division? Do you not? Look at the champions. Gamboa could destroy this division and make a name for himself here before moving up to yet another weak division, 135.

Also, don't be quick to shut him down, he was off for 15 months. He was rusty and came back against a huge puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              TS' ignorance is baffling.

Canelo is pretty big, but I can't see him fighting at 168, he's too short and his style doesn't seem effective enough to fight up there. So I don't see him going higher than 160, unless a new weight class between 160-168 is created.
              Cloud and Pascal are 5'10 light heavies. It's doable if he puts on the proper amount of mass.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                Did you miss his glaring flaws against a journeyman? Those apart from ring rust.
                What flaws? He showed the same flaws as always. He fought a much better fight against PDL. It's all ring rust+facing a puncher with a really good chin. Farenas took everything Gamboa had.

It looks like it's the forum vs me on this one. If you guys want to shut Gamboa down after this performance that's fine. I won't argue. But watch him dominate 130-135 in the next 3-4 years. Sure Broner probably beats him, but that's about it.

Comment

Trust me, I get that vibe from people. I know what's going on in the forum with Gamboa. He didn't absolutely destroyed Farenas, so he's "not as good" as they all thought now. What I think is that Farenas is better than people think and Gamboa probably has an easier time with Farenas than the rest of Super Featherweights.

I mean let's say Gamboa is on the slide, do you really not see him absolutely dominating the SFW division? I mean THIS version of 130 division? Do you not? Look at the champions. Gamboa could destroy this division and make a name for himself here before moving up to yet another weak division, 135.

Also, don't be quick to shut him down, he was off for 15 months. He was rusty and came back against a huge puncher.
                  Farenas has beaten easier than that by journeymen. Aguilar beat him easier than that, and Uciyama was on his way to doing it before the cut stopped it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      TS' ignorance is baffling.

Cloud and Pascal are 5'10 light heavies. It's doable if he puts on the proper amount of mass.
                      Abraham is 5' 10" too, but because of his style, he's too short for 168. Do you know what I mean?

Like Tyson was -5' 10"-5' 11" at HW, but look at the guys' style, he was unstoppable and huge, all muscle, didn't come up from anywhere, was a HW from the start to finish. And anyway, his height definitely did play apart in his demise. Imagine a 6' 7" Mike Tyson.

Anyway, we can sit here and name 5 10 LHW's all day, I just don't think Canelo at 168 would be effective. He's 5' 9", short reach, his style is not well-suited for 168+. Unless he develops some pretty good defense, he'll just be labeled a "bloated up MW" if he does go up to 168 and he will look sloppy up there.

Comment

Working...
                      X