No announcement yet.

Kevin Johnson- Bruce Seldon (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Johnson- Bruce Seldon (Video)

this is probably Haye`s next opponent Johnson in his recent fight with Seldon,

i have heard conflicting reports about the fight so i am going to watch now,

here is the link for anybody interested

http://www.gofightlive.tv/playVideo....yerSize=Medium

the limeys must be sleeping

Comment

Originally posted by hungryherbert View Post

Not too bad...just that you can't throw Haye into a HUGE threat 1st time up at HW. So I'd say good opponent for Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
        Not too bad...just that you can't throw Haye into a HUGE threat 1st time up at HW. So I'd say good opponent for Haye.
        johnson sort of layed back in that seldon fight.
        his fight 5 months earlier against terry smith shows you more of the whole package of this guy. he went the 10 rounds and got a well deserved UD.

i'm still skeptical that hayes team will take this fight. this johnson is just a bright prospect but he's a big in shape fast guy that comes in at over 240.
        it could end up like a mere cons fight with a lot of finger pointing at who's bright idea was it to match him with johnson first time out.

Comment

lol @ seldons chin,, Ive never seen a heavyweight fall so hard from as many arm punches as seldon. seldon shot and all did still manage to have johnson in some trouble at one point along the ropes so I dont see haye having any problems with this riduclously overrated heavyweight. how the hell he got ranked #7 I'll never know

Comment

Why, because no Brits instantly replied?

PS- Thanks for the link. I can't be bothered to watch though tbh.

Comment

Just finished watching the first round

1: Johnson comes out and spends the first minute or so circling to his left. Why? Seldon is shot, and he wasn't much good to start with. His jab is inferior to Johnson's and he has no chin. His only chance is if he lands a big right hand, so why is Johnson moving towards it?

2. Later in the first round, Johnson gets caught by a good right hook, which isn't surprising considering point 1. Not sure how hurt he is, but he goes to the ropes, covers up, and doesn't throw anything back. Haye is quite accurate, and in Seldon's position, he'd throw a flurry that could lead to a TKO. UK refs tend to stop fights earlier, especially when it's the UK guy on the attack. If Johnson is on the ropes, taking a lot of punches and not returning fire, he will be stopped.

3. Johnson's jab is good, but not consistent. It's good, and because of that, he throws it a lot. However, because he throws it so much, he gets a bit lazy with it, and doesn't always throw it with perfect technique. Sometimes he paws with it, sometimes he is slow bringing it back. If he does that against Haye (or anyone in the top 20), he will get hit with a right hand over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Just finished watching the first round

1: Johnson comes out and spends the first minute or so circling to his left. Why? Seldon is shot, and he wasn't much good to start with. His jab is inferior to Johnson's and he has no chin. His only chance is if he lands a big right hand, so why is Johnson moving towards it?

2. Later in the first round, Johnson gets caught by a good right hook, which isn't surprising considering point 1. Not sure how hurt he is, but he goes to the ropes, covers up, and doesn't throw anything back. Haye is quite accuare, and if he keeps his speed, he would've unleashed a flurry that could've lead to a TKO. UK refs tend to stop fights earlier, especially when it's the UK guy on the attack. If Johnson is on the ropes, taking a lot of punches and not returning fire, he will be stopped.

3. Johnson's jab is good, but not consistent. It's good, and because of that, he throws it a lot. However, because he throws it so much, he gets a bit lazy with it, and doesn't always throw it with perfect technique. Sometimes he paws with it, sometimes he is slow bringing it back. If he does that against Haye (or anyone in the top 20), he will get hit with a right hand over the top.
                Thanks for the analysis Clegg

Sounds like Haye has this in the bag tbh.

Comment

He's got good skills not a huge puncher. Still a bit green.

Comment

Out of interest did anyone notice how horrible the commentator was?

Comment

Working...
                    X