is amir khan a wasted talent??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Khan won trinket belts at LW and WW.

His chin isn't his only problem. He also has no ring IQ.
    regardless,, if the guy sucked so bad, then why wouldn't floyd or manny take any easy payday..

Khan has his faults, but the dude is extremely dangerous in the ring. His combination of hand speed, power, athletic movement is very tough to overcome unless you land a huge shot..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      regardless,, if the guy sucked so bad, then why wouldn't floyd or manny take any easy payday..

Khan has his faults, but the dude is extremely dangerous in the ring. His combination of hand speed, power, athletic movement is very tough to overcome unless you land a huge shot..
      Khan's power is decent, nothing more.

LOL @ athletic. Khan has the coordination of a drunk giraffe.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
        Khan's power is decent, nothing more.

LOL @ athletic. Khan has the coordination of a drunk giraffe.
        maybe when he has been clipped... but khan is super athletic,, the guy has great foot and hand coordination, it just goes out the window when he is catching some leather

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          tim bradley jumped ship to top rank and fought manny pacquiao 3 times on ppv. khan was with GBP at the time, and the two promotors weren't having their guys fight. at the very best bradley would make 1-2 million on regular HBO or showtime to fight khan.

bradley made the better move, and he had the better career in the end. you can't call that a duck. the guy got a fight with manny pacquiao, FFS, and two rematches. made 5 million in the first fight alone.
          You can say what you want but Bradley simply stated, "what if I lose?"

Yes, no denying he wanted the Pacquiao payday but the fight was there to be made, he just wasn't confident in his abilities to beat Khan so waited in queue for his turn.

Also, I'm not so sure about Bradley having the better career, Khan and Bradley probably have an equal resume at 140 and at 147, the only thing that divides them is the win over JMM (very impressive by Bradley) so all Khan needs is a big win himself, whcih could come this year. I'm purposefully not mentioning the Pacquiao "win" for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            maybe when he has been clipped... but khan is super athletic,, the guy has great foot and hand coordination, it just goes out the window when he is catching some leather
            He throws himself off balance when he punches. He also has sloppy technique.

He throws one of the sloppiest 1-2s I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              You can say what you want but Bradley simply stated, "what if I lose?"

Yes, no denying he wanted the Pacquiao payday but the fight was there to be made, he just wasn't confident in his abilities to beat Khan so waited in queue for his turn.

Also, I'm not so sure about Bradley having the better career, Khan and Bradley probably have an equal resume at 140 and at 147, the only thing that divides them is the win over JMM (very impressive by Bradley) so all Khan needs is a big win himself, whcih could come this year. I'm purposefully not mentioning the Pacquiao "win" for obvious reasons.

if you're not familiar with the promotional climate in america in '11-12, that's fine. bradley had jumped ship from a smaller promotor named gary shaw, and was being sued. the other options were GBP, and top rank. you can't fight for both. they sign guys like tim bradley to big, long term deals. bob arum got him a fight with pacquiao, which was better than the fight that thompson/shaw, and goldenboy wanted, which was khan. bradley made the right move. that he asked "what if i lose?" is really going to effect how you look back on the era

he didn't duck amir khan to fight manny pacquiao . not only was manny a bigger fighter at the time and a new tax bracket for timmy, he was one of the best P4P fighters on the planet.

willing to fight manny pacquiao, a pound for pounder, but scared of khan doe

sometimes the brits just need to sit down by the fire and let NE tell it like it is. they need our guidance, as american stewards of boxing, and blokes who have been there before, and don't get attached or enamored so easily.

Comment

Yeah he is, because he could be doing something with his talent

like, actually fighting

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  if you're not familiar with the promotional climate in america in '11-12, that's fine. bradley had jumped ship from a smaller promotor named gary shaw, and was being sued. the other options were GBP, and top rank. you can't fight for both. they sign guys like tim bradley to big, long term deals. bob arum got him a fight with pacquiao, which was better than the fight that thompson/shaw, and goldenboy wanted, which was khan. bradley made the right move. that he asked "what if i lose?" is really going to effect how you look back on the era

he didn't duck amir khan to fight manny pacquiao . not only was manny a bigger fighter at the time and a new tax bracket for timmy, he was one of the best P4P fighters on the planet.

willing to fight manny pacquiao, a pound for pounder, but scared of khan doe

sometimes the brits just need to sit down by the fire and let NE tell it like it is. they need our guidance, as american stewards of boxing, and blokes who have been there before, and don't get attached or enamored so easily.
                  Maybe you're unfamiliar with what Bradley himself said at the time. That's ok, you're stupid any way but even you know how to use google so...give it a try

Comment

Khan isn't athletic. There's more to being athletic than being fast.

Comment

Absolutely not, he has had a better career than 99% of fighters could ever hope for. He did very well considering his defensive and chin limitations, as well. Plus his career isn't over, he could still do more.

Comment

Working...
                      X