Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is more valuable in a clean street fight: good wrestling or good boxing?(pick 1)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
    Every fight I have seen and been in ends up in some type of wrestling/grappliing. All it takes is 1 missed punch the guy ducks and bam your tied up. The only times I see punches been thrown and no one gets tied up is when the other guy isnt fighting back and is just there getting the snot beat out of him.
    I've never really seen that outside of drunks who can barely stand as it is. Most Street fights tend to be over within the first shot/matter of seconds.

Comment

Boxing is the best pure KOMBAT SPORT for a reason!

All fights start standing up. Boxers with one punch can put a man's lights out and a boxer is a master of all three ranges, outside , inside and midrange. A wrestler must get on the inside and take the fight to the ground and keep it there the whole time. If you know MMA you know "sprawling" is a very easy technique to learn, a technique used to keep wrestlers off of you and keep the fight standing. In a street fight the power increases tremendously barenuckle , and "sweet spots" become more susceptible to a knockout blow.

That's why when you see street fights from around the world , the fight starts standing and the guy who is using the best Boxing Techniques wins the fight by KO , TKO or the lesser boxer or the guy with no boxing technique takes the loss when he quits.

1 vs. 1 : in a street fight if a boxer is in the fight it more times then not ends with a clear winner in spectacular fashion , especially two boxers fighting .
      1 vs. 1 : two wrestlers fight in a street fight you usually get two tired guys with no damage ,both trying to get a take down or defend one with it being unclear who won in the end.

FIGHT FACTS BROUGHT TO YOU BY :
      KING$ofBOXING
      a.k.a
      REYESdelBOXEO
      Last edited by REYESdelBOXEO; 01-30-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Ok guys with an equal skill set..I still think grappling/wresting has the edge. Look at what happened to James Toney. And yes the same could be said for Tim Silva -vs Mercer but Tim Silva was a striker not a grappler/wrestler like Couture. If you have a level playing field..Boxing just isnt versatile enough. If someone faints, and shoot low, say an ankle pic, the boxer has no defense againts something like that. Mind you I am a fan of boxing and boxing in my opinion require more discipline, its hard as hell to dodge a punch, that alone is a thing of beauty. But when you get tied up..your done if you dont know how to grapple or wrestle.
        Last edited by onetwopunch; 01-30-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Too many variables that are not taken into consideration. Read the book of the five rings by Miyamoto Musashi.

Comment

People in this thread seem to be confused. The question isn't ''Who would win in a street fight between a boxer and Wrestler," the question is "What is more valuable in a clean street fight: good wrestling or good boxing?"

The average person is not a boxer or wrestler, so it would come down to applying the skills against a bum. A boxer is not going to find it difficult knocking out your run of the mill scrub and a wrestler wouldn't find it difficult grounding your run of the mill scrub. However taking someone to the ground leaves you open to outsiders where as knocking someone out leaves you more poised to deal with an interfering friend (it's also more intimidating).

Oh, and size is also a factor. Someone who weighs about 130lb would have a better chance of striking a larger opponent than trying to wrestle him to the ground.
            Last edited by FeFist; 01-30-2016, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X