Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Kostya Tszyu vs. prime Julio Cesar Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tszyu was a quitter against the likes of Ricky Hangon. I cannot seeing him doing any better against a far greater fighter. In fact, the appelation "great" does not apply to Hangon at all. He was merely so-so, an average, generic champion whose specailty was yanking opponents' arms out of the sockets.

Fighting guys who are nothing special, a champion gets overrated by looking good with what he's got. That is what happened with Tszyu IMO. Besides that, he was slow. Chavez, Pryor, De La Hoya, Whitaker--they would not just beat him, they would massacre the poor red. Main deficits of Tszyu--speed and heart.

Comment

Chavez stops him late or takes a competitive decision in a bruising war.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        Tszyu was a quitter against the likes of Ricky Hangon. I cannot seeing him doing any better against a far greater fighter. In fact, the appelation "great" does not apply to Hangon at all. He was merely so-so, an average, generic champion whose specailty was yanking opponents' arms out of the sockets.

Fighting guys who are nothing special, a champion gets overrated by looking good with what he's got. That is what happened with Tszyu IMO. Besides that, he was slow. Chavez, Pryor, De La Hoya, Whitaker--they would not just beat him, they would massacre the poor red. Main deficits of Tszyu--speed and heart.
        kostya was old when he fought hatton. injuries had plagued him for years.

you talk a lot of **** on here I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that

Comment

I can't even begin to imagine how brutally one sided this would be.

Can't see any scenario where Tszyu sees the final bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Round Baby View Post
            kostya was old when he fought hatton. injuries had plagued him for years.

you talk a lot of **** on here I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that
            Anything you don't like becomes ****, doesn't it? Are you afraid of me? Why do you feel a need to bring others into it? I don't require others to stand up to you. You made your point in the first sentence, then you had to get personal. Well, I handle smarter all the time. Come along. Don't forget your crowd.

Comment

First thing that comes to mind is the Rosario bout where Rosario threw everything at Chavez but the kitchen sink and Chavez walked through it. Tszyu was a respectable champion but I believe Chavez stops him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I can't even begin to imagine how brutally one sided this would be.

Can't see any scenario where Tszyu sees the final bell.
                i am in total agreemence with your thoughts..

Comment

Chavez was simply a better fighter.
                  No knock on Tszyu, who was an excellent fighter himself, but just not up to Chavez's level, and it's not like there's any stylistic advantages that would help Tszyu try to make up for the difference in caliber.

Tszyu would get his licks in, probably land some right hands, but Chavez had a monster chin in addition to a solid defense. He rolled with shots well and slipped them effectively. Chavez wins a hard fought but clear decision or stops Tszyu late. Tszyu liked to control the tempo and distance. Chavez would constantly be applying intelligent pressure and putting a hurting on Tszyu.

Comment

Chavez beaks him down in a brutal fight!

Comment

Working...
                    X