No announcement yet.

Kessler: I peaked too early

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler: I peaked too early

Mikkel Kessler has done an interview with Sky Sports ahead of it's show "the gloves are off: Super Middleweights" coming out tomorrow.

Amongst other things he said he worked with George Groves and Nathan Cleverly one week and felt he was in the best shape of his life. He then did a 10 round sparring session with Cleverly the following week where he only had good energy for the first 4 rounds and got tired afterwards.

Check it out: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...aked-too-early

Excuses, excuses, at no point did Kessler get gassed during the fight, he was still a live dog in the 10th or 11th when he had Froch staggered. The sign of a fighter peaking early or over training is gassing during the later rounds.

Comment

IMO the worse "top fighter" there is. This guy is garbage!

Talk about padded record. :bukkake:

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        IMO the worse "top fighter" there is. This guy is garbage!

Talk about padded record. :bukkake:
        Such a padded record omg! Only beat 5 world champions! Damn, this guy just had it easy. I mean ok, anybody can beat 5 world champions, three #1 rated guys and further six #10s.

The padded record here is unquestionable.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Such a padded record omg! Only beat 5 world champions! Damn, this guy just had it easy. I mean ok, anybody can beat 5 world champions, three #1 rated guys and further six #10s.

YOu think what you want and ill know it was a padded record.

What was his record outside of Denmark? Something like 2-3 so yeah its a padded record.

Worse "top fighter" IMO

Comment

His punch output dropped significantly for this fight. Normally a sign of a fighter in decline. If that instead can (perhaps partly) be attributed to a long camp, then he has noone to blame but himself.

In any case I'd prefer him to retire. Boxing is so unforgiving. I'd rather have 20 years with great understandable colour commentary and analysis in the booth, as we know he is highly capable of, than one fight and 150 sparring rounds too many.

My two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

You cannot argue with this guy. It's futile.

Besides he thinks that Floyd would beat Hagler. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                You cannot argue with this guy. It's futile.

Besides he thinks that Floyd would beat Hagler. Nuff said.
                To each his own i guess.

Worse "top fighter" IMO but if youre fans of Kessler then thats cool

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  His punch output dropped significantly for this fight. Normally a sign of a fighter in decline. If that instead can (perhaps partly) be attributed to a long camp, then he has noone to blame but himself.

In any case I'd prefer him to retire. Boxing is so unforgiving. I'd rather have 20 years with great understandable colour commentary and analysis in the booth, as we know he is highly capable of, than one fight and 150 sparring rounds too many.

My two cents.
                  I agree. But I would like to see him fight in PARKEN one last time against a semi good opponent so he goes out on a win. He deserves that.

But it's a sure sign of decline unfortunately. Or maybe he just did peak too early. And it wasn't as if he was totally out of his depth against Froch or anything like that, past the first 3 he won most. But it is what it was.

Comment

Kessler always has an excuse when he loses. Shame as he seems likeable most of the time

Comment

Working...
                    X