Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between simple elite & business elite, in my opinion however unpopular

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    No iron says that Neither Ward's win over Kessler nor Froch are better than Floyd's 1 good win over Castillo. I believe they are.
    I can't see how an argument could be made for Kessler. Ward's win against Froch is arguable considering his resume, but his qualities as a fighter doesn't match up to Castillo's, JLC was more skilled, better schooled in infighting, cutting off the ring and banged the body very well. Mayweather's win against Castillo is better in my opinion.

Comment

• Let's compar Froch's best wins to JLC's

JLC
      Stevie Johnston close but real quality win (fought him a second time to a draw)

Cesar Bazan hadn't lost in a minute except for avery close fight with Johnston, got TKO'd~

Floyd Mayweather Jr. I don't think he won that fight but you obviously do~ so you have to count him to the plus side for JLC

Juan Lazcano who was highly thought of at the time and on a roll

Joel Casamayor close fight

Julio Diaz who held a belt at the time

Froch

Pascal good win

Jermaine Taylor exciting come from behind knockout, but should the fight have been that tough

Andre Dirrell if you can call that a win with a straight face

Abraham good performance

Glen Johnson decent but on the downside

Bute title holder at the time

I miss any that I need to mention?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        I can't see how an argument could be made for Kessler. Ward's win against Froch is arguable considering his resume, but his qualities as a fighter doesn't match up to Castillo's, JLC was more skilled, better schooled in infighting, cutting off the ring and banged the body very well. Mayweather's win against Castillo is better in my opinion.
        Froch and Castillo is certainly arguable. Especially if Froch goes on to do more in his career.

But Castillo's been knocked out cold 4 times (KO and TKO are the same) so obviously that doesn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          You can't be this stupid.

Unless you're mentally disabled, you simply cannot be that stupid.
          No, you can't be this stupid.

A ko loss is when a fighter goes down & is unable to beat the count.

A tko is when the ref or doctor determines a fighter unable to continue.'

They are still both ko losses. When just has technicalities. I never said they were the same meaning that there were no differences. It still counts as a ko loss. The big Technical being the difference doesn't change that that fight was unable to continue.

But I could see how an idiot such as yourself could be stupid enough to try & bend the conversation to serve your purpose. If Castillo is Floyd's best win, that says a lot about Floyd.

Comment

• While I know there's a difference between KO and TKO.

I think what Bush is saying is if you look on boxrec, you have three columns:

Wins, Losses and draws.

Boxrec counts two types of wins: Win and KO.

Boxrec counts two types of losses: Loss or KO.

Boxrec doesn't differenciate between TKO, KO and win under the fighters name in the headline. In the actual record, you can see TKO, KO or UD/SD/MD ect... But in the main headline under the fighters name, it's either a win or KO win even if it was a TKO win.

I think this is what Bush means.
            Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 07-13-2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              While I know there's a difference between KO and TKO.

I think what Bush is saying is if you look on boxrec, you have two columns:

Wins and Losses.

Boxrec doesn't differenciate between TKO, KO and win. It's either a win or KO win even if it was a TKO win.

It's not though.

On Boxrec, it's highlighted if the win is by TKO or KO.

I.e the Ricky Hatton example I used.

He lost the Pacquaio fight by KO 2 and the Mayweather fight by TKO 10.

According to Boxrec.

Comment

No, you can't be this stupid.

A ko loss is when a fighter goes down & is unable to beat the count.

A tko is when the ref or doctor determines a fighter unable to continue.'

They are still both ko losses. When just has technicalities. I never said they were the same meaning that there were no differences. It still counts as a ko loss. The big Technical being the difference doesn't change that that fight was unable to continue.

But I could see how an idiot such as yourself could be stupid enough to try & bend the conversation to serve your purpose. If Castillo is Floyd's best win, that says a lot about Floyd.
                Clearly, you're still struggling..

And clearly, you know nothing of the career of Jose Luis Castillo.

Comment

I think what Bush is saying is if you look on boxrec, you have two columns:

Wins and Losses.

Boxrec doesn't differenciate between TKO, KO and win under the fighters name in the headline. In the actual record, you can see TKO, KO or UD/SD/MD ect... But in the main headline under the fighters name, it's either a win or KO win even if it was a TKO win.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  It's not though.

On Boxrec, it's highlighted if the win is by TKO or KO.

I.e the Ricky Hatton example I used.

He lost the Pacquaio fight by KO 2 and the Mayweather fight by TKO 10.

According to Boxrec.
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Luis_Castillo

This isn't boxrec. Never been there.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Luis_Castillo

This isn't boxrec. Never been there.
                    It still indicates on that site that all the loss's were by TKO.

Comment

I think what Bush is saying is if you look on boxrec, you have three columns:

Wins, Losses and draws.

well his first mistake was looking at boxrec. if u havent seen the fights oru dont have a clear view of when on in them, u really shouldnt make comments about them.

Comment

Working...
                      X